BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
i hope so. i would love drive 5.0 and by extension car play. having my text messages and emails read to me would be great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
IMHO this thing is really weird.
For what it's known my2017 F48 doesn't introduce any enhancements in terms of hardware media components, no wireless charging, no wlan spot, like many other series that on the contrary receives a brand new HU (NBT RUEKO evolution).
On the same way the Navigation Professional system is always coded as 6UP (Navigation Plus not 609), offering extended black panel and HUD at the same price as before (2.760***8364; in Europe): this makes me think that BMW didn't changed the HU model that must be an EntryNAV as before and not the newest NBT that costs itself much more.
The flyer (in french) tells that option 6CP requires Connected drive services + Navi professional (Navigation Plus), so again this is strange, because why not Business also when they share the same HU? Marketing strategy? Probably. Technical limitations? Nope. Other ideas? ....

We are used to see Carplay associated to iDrive 5.0 but who said that Carplay requires idrive 5.0?
In the end Carplay requires a wifi connection for wireless control (the latest carplay version support this starting from 9.3 ios) or a cable and EntryNav HU has a WLAN module builtin, so this makes me think that idrive 5.0 is not really required.

So, on these considerations, it's more probable to see some software update (not idrive 5.0) upcoming to F48 than some hardware replacement, at least i hope so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts