BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cut away the filter. This is what 113k miles looks like. Fluid was dark like used motor oil but did not have much of a burnt smell at all. In fact the fresh fluid smelled more burnt than this stuff did.

I wonder if fluid flow was restricted at all with this filter

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I cut away the filter. This is what 113k miles looks like. Fluid was dark like used motor oil but did not have much of a burnt smell at all. In fact the fresh fluid smelled more burnt than this stuff did.

Damn, that looks nasty. You should post those pics in Schnexpel's tranny thread so everyone can see them. That'll change a few minds about "lifetime fluid".

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm shocked by the amount of metallic particles the magnets are holding.
I have been into a bunch of transmissions and that looks like more than I have ever seen. None of the pieces look large and scary on the magnets like something is failing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm shocked by the amount of metallic particles the magnets are holding.
I have been into a bunch of transmissions and that looks like more than I have ever seen. None of the pieces look large and scary on the magnets like something is failing.
It's mostly thick goo more than metal and it's all smooth no chunks etc. I had two master technicians at work say for the mileage, poor fluid, and original fluid that it's pretty normal.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts

sig, your signature, says e38. I know that can't be true for this car, but can't find what car you do have. Can you let us know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.