BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1816 Posts

·
Registered
F13 650ix
17 Posts
Hello,

I replaced my US 6WA cluster with a ECE 6WA cluster in my F13, according to instructions given in this thread - erased VIN and mileage on new (ECE) cluster, put into the car, injected a CAFD, it took the mileage from my car, no red tamper dot.
It worked fine, but sometimes the service demand is reset to 01/2000, so I want to flash it, using PSDZ from ISTA+ 4.05.30 (F010-17-03-505). I tried to do this with instructions from the "6wa_retrofit_guide-1", but during KIS/SVT Target calculation I got a "hardware difference" marking and the HWEL is only red/blue. When trying to choose another i-step shipment, I get a black HWEL and no "hardware difference" mark, but getting to TAL execution I got only options swDeploy and cdDeploy, no blFlash. Also option HW-IDs from SVT actual doesnt help.
I tried to assign my KOMBI with an ISTAP 3.61.4.002 (05.2017) using ICOM, but i have only a "Replace R" option by KOMBI and I can not go through this step. ISTA+ wants to replace not only the KOMBI but also CAS and programm several other modules, but i find it very risky, so I dont want to do this.
My istep level shipment: F010-11-09-507
donor Kombi prod. date 07 nov 2010
incected CAFD something about F010-13-03-507

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

And one more question: does the flashing differs when my car is US and I want to have ECE parameters in my ECU? Do I have to flash it changing the Typshlussel or something?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hello,

I replaced my US 6WA cluster with a ECE 6WA cluster in my F13, according to instructions given in this thread - erased VIN and mileage on new (ECE) cluster, put into the car, injected a CAFD, it took the mileage from my car, no red tamper dot.
It worked fine, but sometimes the service demand is reset to 01/2000, so I want to flash it, using PSDZ from ISTA+ 4.05.30 (F010-17-03-505). I tried to do this with instructions from the "6wa_retrofit_guide-1", but during KIS/SVT Target calculation I got a "hardware difference" marking and the HWEL is only red/blue. When trying to choose another i-step shipment, I get a black HWEL and no "hardware difference" mark, but getting to TAL execution I got only options swDeploy and cdDeploy, no blFlash. Also option HW-IDs from SVT actual doesnt help.
I tried to assign my KOMBI with an ISTAP 3.61.4.002 (05.2017) using ICOM, but i have only a "Replace R" option by KOMBI and I can not go through this step. ISTA+ wants to replace not only the KOMBI but also CAS and programm several other modules, but i find it very risky, so I dont want to do this.
My istep level shipment: F010-11-09-507
donor Kombi prod. date 07 nov 2010
incected CAFD something about F010-13-03-507

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

And one more question: does the flashing differs when my car is US and I want to have ECE parameters in my ECU? Do I have to flash it changing the Typshlussel or something?
Manually edit the SVT for BTLD, CAFD and SWFL to all 000's on main sub and patch then calculate again using the same date that gave you a black HWEL. This will allow you to force flash the BTLD as well as the SWFL and CAFD. That should allow you to flash and write the correct VIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can you upload your SVTist and FA, or pm me this files. I will in 6-7 hours at home and will get the right way, you can remove your VIN if you dont want share it

·
Registered
287 Posts
ok, first of all,

1. change series="F013" to series="F010" #F10, F11, F12, F18
2. change timeCriteria="1211" to 1012 , (its the lastest realease for your kombi)
save FA and use it to calculate

·
Registered
F13 650ix
17 Posts
I changed the FA as you wrote, but I received an error by activating FA:

No FP could be generated from FA "". [C002]
Not all elements of the FA were found in the FA2FP:
Zeitkriterium 1012 [72]

then I Read VCM, save, load, calculate and the KOMBI appears with red/blue HWEL.
Im not sure if this Zeitkriterium is correct (1012 is oktober 2012, and my KOMBI is november 2010) - are you sure of it? Car shipment was 1211, so december 2011. Shouldnt it be 0910 - before the production date of my donor KOMBI?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I changed the FA as you wrote, but I received an error by activating FA:

No FP could be generated from FA "". [C002]

Not all elements of the FA were found in the FA2FP:

Zeitkriterium 1012 [72]

then I Read VCM, save, load, calculate and the KOMBI appears with red/blue HWEL.

Im not sure if this Zeitkriterium is correct (1012 is oktober 2012, and my KOMBI is november 2010) - are you sure of it? Car shipment was 1211, so december 2011. Shouldnt it be 0910 - before the production date of my donor KOMBI?
Your original FA was ok. I have manipulated the SVT to force the flash of BTLD, CAFD and SWFL. Files attached. Ensure you have the latest full PSDZDATA.

Load these in TAL processing and you're good to go.

The FA date wouldn't calculate with 1012 because it doesn't exist as a valid build date.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
ok, first of all,

1. change series="F013" to series="F010" #F10, F11, F12, F18
2. change timeCriteria="1211" to 1012 , (its the lastest realease for your kombi)
save FA and use it to calculate
did a mistake here
i mean 1210 and not 1012 :angel:

you can use dayvg files, it should be ok

·
Registered
F13 650ix
17 Posts
So the flashing went fine, but ISTA still wants to Replace R the KOMBI and CAS hardware.
What should I do to "Install" KOMBI in this car, so that I can programm it in ISTAP and dont get a message to change the hardware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello to all from Italy.

I'm try to retrofit this Kombi on my car. I have very difficulty to remove the needles, I have broken 2 cover for trying ***55357;***56852;
Exist one tool o some advice for remove them?

Then,
Witch programmer I can use for read and program 35128 chip?

My car: F45

Thanks for support

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all good people keeping this forum alive and wiling to help others
Special thanks to the pioneers who started this and found the solutions with all theirs efforts and figured this out. And especially thanks for sharing that with others! :)
I hope you are all in good health and safe.

I am changing my kombi cluster for my F20 for a while allready...
And I have my R270 Programmer arrived couple days ago without the manual and I don't have any idea how to connect the pins from the 26 pin outpoot programmer to the 8 pin soic testclip.
Can someone please help me with connecting the Testclip and programmer?

In the guide published by the brave members of this community which I thanks btw a LOT, everything was explained great except this detail. For you those are the basics maybe but I go crazy when I see more than 3 wires XD
I am sure you are bothered with this topic all the times but I will more than appreciate any help.
Thanks and stay safe!
Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all good people keeping this forum alive and wiling to help others
Special thanks to the pioneers who started this and found the solutions with all theirs efforts and figured this out. And especially thanks for sharing that with others! :)
I hope you are all in good health and safe.

I am changing my kombi cluster for my F20 for a while allready...
And I have my R270 Programmer arrived couple days ago without the manual and I don't have any idea how to connect the pins from the 26 pin outpoot programmer to the 8 pin soic testclip.
Can someone please help me with connecting the Testclip and programmer?

In the guide published by the brave members of this community which I thanks btw a LOT, everything was explained great except this detail. For you those are the basics maybe but I go crazy when I see more than 3 wires XD
I am sure you are bothered with this topic all the times but I will more than appreciate any help.
Thanks and stay safe!
Cheers!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys, I need some help with the R270 connection.

Simply it is not able to read out anything from the 160D EEPROM of my F07 6WA Kombi (here the EEPROM is located on the mainboard behind the needled)

I have connected the small included pcb to the R270 and soldered some pins to the connector on the rear end of the PCB. Those pins I have connected to the EEPROM with tiny test clips.

Connection on the PCB attached to R270 is like

Pinout on the EEPROM

Pin 1 of smapp R270 PCB wired to Pin1 of EEPROM, 2 to 2 and so on.

The R270 software lets le box beep and start the readout but nothing happens. If I choose "Yes" at "check pin state" it is waiting forever. Also the LED on the PCB attached to R270 never goes on.

Please see attached picture of the connection.

What is wrong? Anything I missed wired incorrectly?
Hi, how did you manage to take the needle off? I tried pulling them gentely but they dont seem to come off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if daughter boards can be changed between clusters? Could I fit a HUD DB into a non HUD panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, Did you ever find the answer to this? thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear experts,

I retrofitted a virginized 6WA (with HUD connector) on my 2013 F31 (current I-step: F020-13-07-506).
I flashed 6WA kombi using F020_20_03_540. Note that I needed to VO code 610 (HUD) to allow the flash to happen in Esys. >> Was there any alternative ?

Red dot disappeared and kombi works ok (overall).

Pending issues
- Cruise control stops working (can't set speed) > I understood FEM_GW update to F020_20_03_540 should solve it.
- Coolant temperature gauge doesn't work > confirmed by running Kombi self-test via hidden menu / digital coolant/oïl temp readable through hidden menu still. >> It looks like the used 6WA kombi is deffective, or could it be coding issue ?

Thanks in advance.

PP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear experts,

I retrofitted a virginized 6WA (with HUD connector) on my 2013 F31 (current I-step: F020-13-07-506).
I flashed 6WA kombi using F020_20_03_540. Note that I needed to VO code 610 (HUD) to allow the flash to happen in Esys. >> Was there any alternative ?

Pending issues
- Cruise control stops working (can't set speed) > I understood FEM_GW update to F020_20_03_540 should solve it.
- Coolant temperature gauge doesn't work > confirmed by running Kombi self-test via hidden menu / digital coolant/oïl temp readable through hidden menu still. >> It looks like the used 6WA kombi is deffective, or could it be coding issue ?

Thanks in advance.

PP

·
Registered
287 Posts
its a big jump from 2013 to 2020
THere are lots of changes in this 7 years
best way to fix future problems is to update whole car with same lvl
or flash kombi with lowest ilevel that you can find

·
Premium Member
41,500 Posts
Dear experts,

Pending issues

Thanks in advance.

PP
For 6WB in F30, Car I-Step 17-07-502 is minimum.

1761 - 1780 of 1816 Posts