BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1781 - 1800 of 1816 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info.

But for my 6WA, I guess F020-13-11-502 would do, wouldn't it ?
(Found PSdZData Files v51.3).

Any opinion on the faulty temperature gauge ?

·
Premium Member
41,500 Posts
Thanks for the info.

But for my 6WA, I guess F020-13-11-502 would do, wouldn't it ?
(Found PSdZData Files v51.3).

Any opinion on the faulty temperature gauge ?
For 6WA, it should not matter.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello,

I want to swap a basic kombi in a f1x with a used one. my question is. Where are the vin and mileage are stored on this cluster ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hallo uragan1987, shawnsheridan,

I flashed my 6WA kombi with F020-13-11-502.
Cruise control now works fine (woohoo) !
As expected, it did not solve the faulty temp gauge though.

Vielen Dank ! Many thanks !

PP

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi alsamaraee,
You may have look for "Fxx 6WA Kombi Retrofit" guide. I used it a base to perform my swap.
I purchased a 6WA Kombi that was already virginized by the seller, so I didn't need to go through the eprom rewrite part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was looking at the instructions to virginize a 6WA cluster and it says that you need to make sure the cluster has fewer miles than the car but nowhere on any add for virginized clusters do they mention mileage. The guide is from 2013 so maybe there's an update but can someone confirm that the mileage on the donor car is irrelevant if it's being virginized?

I've found a 6WB cluster for a fantastic deal but it has rather high mileage compared to my car and I wouldn't want to mess up the displayed mileage on the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello!

0X00-0X1F is the place for the odometer and with a testclip you aren't able to write the bytes onto this place. Here you have to desolder the chip.

You can get the same error when you write a blank VIN with 0 km on an eeprom with an undeleted odometer.

CU Oliver
Hi,

I'm meeting the same problem. I desoldered the eeprom and read it and saved the .BIN file. Tried to write a modefied the original .BIN file whith 0vin 0km and get this error "You must erase inc zone 0x00-0x1f"
Tried agin the original .BIN file (no modefication) get the same error.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,
I have a 6WA cluster, but is malfunctioning, can you tell me if I buy another 6WA cluster and I swap 160DOWQ it will work ?
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to everybody and greetings from Athens, Greece.
I am totally brand new here and in the bimmer world also.
I have a bmw F30 320D '12 and i am truly interested in changing the cluster to 6WA.
I have some questions before ordering a used 6wa cluster. The optic fiber cable is essential to use it? What's its usage?
I am asking this because my head unit is the entry one without the plugs for the 2 optic fiber cables back at the harness.
So if its necessary to use this cable can i change my head unit first with exact the same but with those 2 connections available? And probably the new headunit has to be virginized and then to be coded to my vin. What is the process i have to follow in order make this retrofit possible to happen?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a bmw F30 320D '12 and i am truly interested in changing the cluster to 6WA.
I have some questions before ordering a used 6wa cluster. The optic fiber cable is essential to use it?
on 6WA and 6WB, yes
What's its usage?
communication between HU and KOMBI
I am asking this because my head unit is the entry one without the plugs for the 2 optic fiber cables back at the harness.
So if its necessary to use this cable can i change my head unit first with exact the same but with those 2 connections available?
If HU have functional FO connection(most likely), just run FO to system according tou your installation and code dependencies with proper VO
And probably the new headunit has to be virginized and then to be coded to my vin. What is the process i have to follow in order make this retrofit possible to happen?
Only if HU change is needed (most likely no...), also, if new HU need correct FSC's loaded

·
Registered
3 Posts
on 6WA and 6WB, yes

communication between HU and KOMBI

If HU have functional FO connection(most likely), just run FO to system according tou your installation and code dependencies with proper VO

Only if HU change is needed (most likely no...), also, if new HU need correct FSC's loaded
Thanks for your so rapid response i have a HU without the plugs for the optic fiber cable! You can check the following photo the upper photos is my current HU and the two bottom ones, that i think will fit 100% and i am thinking if its possible to order and replace my HU in order to have the connections for the FO available. So if i have to replace it is it possible first to code the new HU to the vehicle and then of course the new 6WA cluster?!
Thanks in advance

Untitled-1.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
... So if i have to replace it is it possible first to code the new HU to the vehicle and then of course the new 6WA cluster?!
Thanks in advance

View attachment 1015622
Should work, new HU with FO, FO between HU and KOMBI (watch out for correct in/out routing), add 6WA in VO, code HU and KOMBI then check KOMBI_CIC setting, wrong setting means still no communication between HU and KOMBI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should work, new HU with FO, FO between HU and KOMBI (watch out for correct in/out routing), add 6WA in VO, code HU and KOMBI then check KOMBI_CIC setting, wrong setting means still no communication between HU and KOMBI
Thanks for your reply, i would like also to ask is everything i can check before ordering the stuff in order to understand that probably is this retrofit not going to work?

In my case i have to buy a new(used) HU i have to clear it/flash it and then code it to my car, then i have to buy also the FO cable and the 6WA cluster (used) and then code it also. So it will not be a cheep retrofit if it hopefully works.

May i ask also it is preferable to find and buy a virginized cluster or its easy to clear it my self or find a local programmer to do it or even a remotely session?. Because if i am correct the flash/clear process is also a hardware process not only a coding process but also the verginized clusters are 3 times more expensive than the others.

Thanks everyone for your help and excuse my worries i want just to organise everything in order this retrofit will work 100%.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi!
I have problems with replacing base Kombi to 6wa(
F25 09/10 champ2 most zgw plastic case mid.
Most connected: zgw-kombi-champ to ring
After installing Kombi detected ISTA-D in green optical line. Kombi is yellow color in ECU tree ISTA.
Go to esys: read ecu -> read fa -> activate FA -> detect cafd for swe (Kombi) -> code Kombi, but have fail Error in SVT C398 duplicate ECU entry fo diag address 96 (165). In ECU tree ESYS have two Kombi with similar address 60...
What to do...?
Solved. Car need sleep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody, been searching this forum for three days now and could not find answer for my question on 6WA
searched my 35160WT eeprom and could not find long VIN, only 3 x short ones, is it possible that Long Vin is only in 95320 starting at 30 D ?
There is one short Vin in 95320 too.
Thanks a lot

1781 - 1800 of 1816 Posts