BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1801 - 1816 of 1816 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

i managed to code cluster on bench with my car’s VIN.
Now I am trying to figure out what to do with CBS Service reset. As it is on bench I have no access to DME and DSC so ISTA D couldn’t help. I find out that Tool32 has an option to cbs reset but I don’t really know what to do in arguments.

meybe some of you have a clue how to deal with CBS Reset on bench?

if I do not reset it I think that there will be service info with date on 01/2000

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi
I have problem installing 6WA from F001 2008 to F26 2016
I conect car as F001 inject CAFD and after that reconect as f26 and try to CODE but without success. I get error...

Any help?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Add option 610 to your F26 FA whilst connected as F25 and you will be able to code/inject CAFD. If you get a kiss error you may have to flash the KOMBI first if the ilevel on KOMBI is to old for your current PSDZDATA.

Reactions: milennyc

·
Registered
130 Posts
Look hier

·
Registered
55 Posts
I try to do FDL coding to show gear position D,P,N,R

SPA_ENABLE​
Aktiv​

But its not working coding finish OK

And its very difficult to drive like that if you are use Automatic Transmission W/ Shift Paddles
Should be like that

What I have to code and to be like that?

What will happend if I change this

KI_PIA_EDA - NICHT_ACTIV
EDA_SYMBOL_GANG - NICHT ACTIV

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe flashing will fix but i dont know if it is possible now to flash just like that or you need to manipulate kombi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for your reply, i would like also to ask is everything i can check before ordering the stuff in order to understand that probably is this retrofit not going to work?

In my case i have to buy a new(used) HU i have to clear it/flash it and then code it to my car, then i have to buy also the FO cable and the 6WA cluster (used) and then code it also. So it will not be a cheep retrofit if it hopefully works.

May i ask also it is preferable to find and buy a virginized cluster or its easy to clear it my self or find a local programmer to do it or even a remotely session?. Because if i am correct the flash/clear process is also a hardware process not only a coding process but also the verginized clusters are 3 times more expensive than the others.

Thanks everyone for your help and excuse my worries i want just to organise everything in order this retrofit will work 100%.
Is your retrofit still working without any issues after months? I’m looking to do the same retrofit for my F20.Can you send me a private message? As a new user I can’t send. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello everyone, I retrofitted 6WA into f10, and I want share my experience and issues during installing.
First I bought used Kombi from 7 series, virginized vin and mileage.
I followed instructions from Fxx 6WA Kombi Retrofit guide, I strictly done every step, but when have to start flashing i got the error message "A VCM -update after TAL-execution is not possible without proper FA. Please open an FA with VIN, if you want to update the VCM after the TAL execution..." and flash didnt start. I've used Esys 3.30.1 and v.4.29.31_PSdZData_Full. I add 6WA in FA, production date 03/11 and every step and calculation was successful until last one. I noticed that the KOMBI-Line with options "blFlash" / "swDeploy" / "cdDeploy" / "ibaDeploy". ibaDeploy was grayed out and was unable to be checked. After this unsuccessful flash attempt, I tried to Inject cafd to Kombi and everting became in working order VIN was written, mileage is correct and no red dot. My questions why I got this issue with FA and why have to use flash procedure for used KOMBI and Detect CAF for SWE and injection for brand new units? Why Detect CAF for SWE worked for me on used virginized KOMBI? I'll be happy if someone explain me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
You are following the esys flash guide PDF which has some unnecessary steps.

1. DO NOT CLICK READ VIN FROM FA RADIO BUTTON.

2. IBADEPLOY IS ONLY FOR HU. IBA=Owners manual

3. Detect CAF for SWE is the absolute correct procedure. If there is no CAFD present in the ECU, new or used, this is the procedure for adding a CAFD and thus coding the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: redzhi
1801 - 1816 of 1816 Posts