BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: what type of dealer is this?

ChrisTO said:
not a BMW dealership obviously, but not a used one either? these cars are new...well especially the 7series.
My dealer is like the smallest in the world :lmao:

It is a honda/toyota/mazda/BMW dealership It has a small allotment. They are going to build a new building soon, then they will be allowed x5s and more allotment cars. So it IS a new dealership, but a small one

Its kinda cool, there are two mechanics dedicated to BMW only repair, they have thier own little special super shop. They only had the M5 in the big one, so no dings :thumbup:

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Re: Re: what type of dealer is this?

dredmo said:

My dealer is like the smallest in the world :lmao:

It is a honda/toyota/mazda/BMW dealership It has a small allotment. They are going to build a new building soon, then they will be allowed x5s and more allotment cars. So it IS a new dealership, but a small one
what city/town/village/dot in calif. is this? i've never seen a dealer so small that it has to carry 4 different brands to be profitable. can any sales person sell any brand? or are there dedicated sales people to each brand? this has got be really confusing for them when each auto manuf. runs a promotion.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: Re: what type of dealer is this?

ChrisTO said:

what city/town/village/dot in calif. is this? i've never seen a dealer so small that it has to carry 4 different brands to be profitable. can any sales person sell any brand? or are there dedicated sales people to each brand? this has got be really confusing for them when each auto manuf. runs a promotion.
I live in Eureka California. Here is the deal. It is a very large dealership, for even bay area standards, yet the economy in Humboldt is very poor, except for the pot farmers, and imports like me, very few people can afford these Bimmers, due to the huge, Fishing, and Lumber industry being VERY slow, and alot of layoffs. But the county and economy is growing very well last couple years, so they are going to actually build a new BMW building.

PS, the salesman I went to, was great, he was no Jon Shafer, and probably didnt make as good of deal, but I got a damn good deal, and he is a very nice, customer service kinda straight shooting guy. just today, he took about 30 minutes, out of a very busy day it looked like, to show me around some new bimmers he had, even the m5, showed me a magazine with z9 pics in it, we BSd about the z4 and 4 coupes etc... a big big :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts