BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just dropped my car off again to take care of the ABS sensors that don't want to work, and noticed a lot of 7 series parked in the service bay. I asked some of the mechanics there what was up and they said that they couldn't believe how many 7 series cars have been back for different reasons. I asked them if they could ellaborate a little and they told me the following examples:

1. Brand new 7 series that only had 6 miles on it had to have the transmission replaced when we got hit this past winter with 7 feet of snow. They said the tranny froze and they couldn't get it unstuck and had to replace it. Def. not supposed to happen. I can't imagine how next winter might play off.

2. There was a car sitting in the bay hooked up to a diagnostic computer that was running all afternoon. The car had to be flat-bedded in b/c the car just stopped working and BMW can't figure out what went wrong. The car was purchased in April.

3. Another car sitting in the bay was having problems with the engine. Some days the car just wouldn't start, no matter what the owner tried to do. Reason - unknown.

4. Cars have been back for many electrical problems, windows sticking, trunks not opening, etc.

They both told me that the first year models are always the worst, but this was really bad.

I don't know. If it was me and I just plopped down $80K on a new car and it wouldn't start and I had to have it flat-bedded in, I would be extremely :mad: :mad: . I'm having issues with my car, but at least it starts!

What a mess.

·
10,856 Posts
Even the 750 was okay for a couple months...

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
Ackster said:
I know, lots of people just figure NY, NY. My family lives in the Bronx and L.I. but I got stuck here after graduating from UB and getting my job. I like it though. :D
Sounds cool . . any part of New York is a great place to be . . as you can see from my description I'm from Long Island !!

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
cenotaph said:

You actually like living in the Vampire State? :confused:

I never heard that expression before :dunno:

The only problem with being a New Yorker is that we have no patience and we need to do everything fast . . . I kind of admire a non-new yorker when I see how they take their time doing things though it does get frusterating to watch sometimes !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.