21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I see on page 1 that you get a whole new slide driver and I am guessing that the new one has the clip that is shown on page 5 (labeled "2") - the part I need...
Not exactly - indeed, the kit includes a new shade driver but it's very different from the original. It's been completely redesigned. Likewise, the "slide elements" are also different. The screw hole spaceing does not match the original sunshade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I won't need to fix this myself this time. (I will keep this in mind if my M3 breaks next)

After reading this forum I talked again to the dealer and mentioning the S.I. B54 05 06. All of a sudden decided they WOULD cover it under CPO. Depending upon what broke, they will likely now do the whole upgrade kit. So my 325Xi is heading to the dealer first thing in the morning. :thumbup:

Already love this forum! Saving me time and $$. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Meantown330i - That simply isn't true; a replacement shade driver is available, but it's part of a repair/upgrade kit. There's an SI that addresses the issue. The number is S.I. B54 05 06. The kit costs approx $85. The BMW (kit) part number is 54107134072.
VSTOL, where can you get it for that low ?
I've only found it at once place online (ecstuning.com) for $105 (and I suppose I also need a new shade as I read somewhere the gliders holes don't line up!)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
VSTOL, where can you get it for that low ?
I've only found it at once place online (ecstuning.com) for $105 (and I suppose I also need a new shade as I read somewhere the gliders holes don't line up!)
Tischer BMW ( www.getbmwparts.com) has it listed at $88.74. But of course that's exclusive of shipping charges. No idea if you can reuse the original shade with the kit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Try 43autosales.com , it's in Joplin. If they have one and won't ship it, PM me and I'll go get it for you then ship it to you. They usually have lots of bmw parts.

Have you tried your SA at Baron? Chris is mine and he handles EVERYTHING for me. You'd be surprised what they find in the basement!

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for all the replies (about Tischer BMW).

I ended up taking the glass off (last time I forced the sunshade in front of the glass opened, which is a fast way to get there), and the back 'wiper' off to see all the way back.
I still had my 4 sliders ok from last time I replaced them - they just had poped off the track as I inserted one upside down. I cleaned the track (there was a very rough spot in there) and greased it all (now smooth gliding !), and bent down the driver closed to the track (pushing on the metal as not to break the plastic cap - apparently not replaceable, so you have to get the replacement kit...)

Now everything seem to work great (for now!) - no need to replace it.

http://www.lincomatic.com/e46sunroof/e46sunroof.html
gave me the info I didn't have last time....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Okay, so has anyone gone the lazy man's route...gone to a third party repair place, or even the Schtealer??? What was the damage???

Local dealer says that the replacement clips would be roughly $175 installed. The 'kit' would be in the $300 range. Argh.

Sound right?

Lansing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to repair the sunroof panel's right side clips if the little spring arms have broken off? Using Legos or anything? Or is the only option to replace the whole panel?
I have not seeing that addressed yet on any Forum. Most people just have them bent up, not broken off.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts