BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The nightmare continues.:cry::mad:

As some of you may know, I took delivery of my REPLACEMENT BMW two weeks ago. That's right, my 328i E93 Vert was bought back under the California Lemon Law. It was in the shop for 90+ days. It was an up and down roller coaster ride to get that thing replaced, but it finally happened, and I thought I could move on.

Oh how I spoke too soon......

My replacement BMW this morning had a transmission failure, and was towed from my front yard. The transmission slipped 4-5 times, the car wouldn't move, and then a warning came on the iDrive that said "Transmission Malfunction. DO NOT OPERATE!" Oh, and the "Service Engine Soon Light" is on. Did I fail to mention I have a malfunction with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System as well?:tsk:

Here's my story about the replacement car.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281148

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,837 Posts
TDD that sucketh. Hope all works out for you. :(

·
Black Squared
421 Posts
Dude, do you have some seriously bad anti-BMW karma or what! I mean, what are the odds to get one loser of a vehicle followed up by one that gets off on the wrong foot, so to speak?

During my five years at the dealership (Porsche, Audi, Saab, Subaru) in the late '80's, I figure we pushed less than 10 cars off the hauler. This was usually the first sign that all was not well with these specific cars. And usually we did get to see more of these same cars over the coming months as they were problematic. But for one person to get two 'gems' back to back is CRAZY!

Did you buy the replacement from the same dealer? If so, I guess everyone knows you by now. I hope this familiarity helps you get treated right on the new ride...

If you are two times unlucky, what then?

Brian

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had a 2001 CLK and greatly preferred the body style to the newer version. Having said that, nobody could blame you if you bailed on BMW. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,863 Posts
Did you buy the replacement from the same dealer? If so, I guess everyone knows you by now. I hope this familiarity helps you get treated right on the new ride...
Treated right?? Hmmm, this might be the reason for the "coincidence". Very strange that your 2nd brand-new BMW would have such serious issues.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The nightmare continues.:cry::mad:

As some of you may know, I took delivery of my REPLACEMENT BMW two weeks ago. That's right, my 328i E93 Vert was bought back under the California Lemon Law. It was in the shop for 90+ days. It was an up and down roller coaster ride to get that thing replaced, but it finally happened, and I thought I could move on.

Oh how I spoke too soon......

My replacement BMW this morning had a transmission failure, and was towed from my front yard. The transmission slipped 4-5 times, the car wouldn't move, and then a warning came on the iDrive that said "Transmission Malfunction. DO NOT OPERATE!" Oh, and the "Service Engine Soon Light" is on. Did I fail to mention I have a malfunction with my Tire Pressure Monitoring System as well?:tsk:

Here's my story about the replacement car.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281148
Tommy, tell us what you doing to these cars! :angel:

On a serious note, that sucks big time,... what more with neighbours staring through the corner of their windows and curtains! Sorry man, hope it's something small(ish).:tsk:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Treated right?? Hmmm, this might be the reason for the "coincidence". Very strange that your 2nd brand-new BMW would have such serious issues.
That's the thing. In terms of a PITA, I was very easy going though the whole buy back experience. However, when the car was involved in the accident, I did get seriously mad. (I got over it in about a day.) I've read many threads on this board, and I was nowhere near as difficult as some people could be.

I highly doubt anyone at the dealership had anything to do with this. I guarantee it in fact. It's just my bad luck.:(

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
I highly doubt anyone at the dealership had anything to do with this. I guarantee it in fact. It's just my bad luck.
Dude, if you don't like the color of the car you don't have to fry them to make a change. They have paint shops for a reason.

BJ

·
BigTime Defender
337 Posts
All I can say is don't go to Vegas anytime soon. I hope things work out but that is a pretty brutal run of bad luck.

I am reasonably sure your luck will change if you get rid of that horrid Brittany pic as your banner....

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
That's the thing. In terms of a PITA, I was very easy going though the whole buy back experience. However, when the car was involved in the accident, I did get seriously mad. (I got over it in about a day.) I've read many threads on this board, and I was nowhere near as difficult as some people could be.

I highly doubt anyone at the dealership had anything to do with this. I guarantee it in fact. It's just my bad luck.:(
Wow, which car was involved in an accident, the new one or the old one, and how did it happen? That is awful that this happened again...maybe it is just a fluke, and they will fix it no problem...if they do fix it, are you going to keep it, as long as nothing else occurs?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,961 Posts
TDD that sucketh. Hope all works out for you. :(
My thoughts exactly.

All I can say is don't go to Vegas anytime soon. I hope things work out but that is a pretty brutal run of bad luck.

I am reasonably sure your luck will change if you get rid of that horrid Brittany pic as your banner....
I think this could, in fact, be the issue!!!!! Please do yourself and us this favor! :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Please do not move into my neighborhood. Sounds like you have a black cloud following you around, and I scared it might be contagious!

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So they still can't really tell my what exactly is wrong with the Transmission. :rolleyes: It's either some sort of computer/programming issue or actual mechanical issue. They acted like they were doing me some sort of effing favor by getting the car up on the rack first thing yesterday morning.

At this point, it doesn't look like I'll be getting my car back anytime soon. I'm REALLY about to be done with BMW's and my dealership. IMO, they should have had a rental car delivered to my work yesterday, period. I would be fairly easy going had this been the first car, but this is my replacement vehicle afterall. They are acting like they are "moving heaven and earth." Yeah, give me a break. Geeze, thanks for looking at the car. Isn't that your job?:tsk:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please do not move into my neighborhood. Sounds like you have a black cloud following you around, and I scared it might be contagious!
Thanks for being so supportive.... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts