Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. My car is fresh out of warranty 50,774 miles on it.

I had a DRL H8 bulb go out and had to pick it up at the stealership as no auto supply stores had them around me. when replacing the bulb the rubber around the wires started to crumble off. I carry electrical tape with me so just wrapped them up. thinking about getting some liquid wire coating and giving them a new coat. Any one else have this issue?

Once replaced I hoped in the car and when I started the engine I received the fuel pump error message. Stating I need to take it to the dealer. Since I was there I asked if they could check it out and the answer was no bring it back monday. I was okay with it as it was Saturday at 4:55pm and the car was runnign fine. The message would come and go and now is staying on. I would rather take it to my indy rather than back to steallership but no sure if it would be covered under the HPFP extended warrany.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If its a HPFP related issue, the only way to find out if it's covered under the extended HPFP warranty is to take it to a dealership or Indy and let them diagnose it. I suppose an indy could read the codes for you, but if they confirm a fuel pump issue, you'd be better served letting BMW handle it since the Indy isn't going to do any repairs for free. If BMW determines it's not HPFP related and therefore covered by the extended warranty, you can always elect not to have them fix it and then take it to an indy where it may cost less.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have had a lot of luck with my dealer replacing things after new car warranty expired as "good will." In you case, especially only 700 miles out it's worth a try. I'd look into the extended warranty from BMW as well. My car was CPO'd, and I am sure that I have gotten my $$ worth from that even though there is a $50.00 deductible.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got 200 miles left of my original factory warranty and my check engine light came on last night on my way home from dinner. Called my BMW center and am dropping it off Thursday...I did purchase the BMW extended warranty since I am/was planning on keeping the car for a while. I think it may have something to do with the injectors or HPFP because for the last week or so I've felt a slight miss when accelerating. So bummed because I just got it out of the shop a couple of weeks ago for misc warranty work and am now headed back. I told them I want it in the shop before the original warranty expires (didn't want to pay the $50 deductible).

I'll let you know what my problem is....

Jeez...sick of seeing my SA lately that's for sure....

:tsk:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I remember being a few hundred miles until the end of my warrantee. Scheduled an appointment and took it in. When I got there I was reminded that in fact my warrantee had ran out. Apparently it's milage or time, which ever comes first. In my case it was time! effers! :cry: That's my experience... Not really a huge deal, but a little disappointing since I didn't expect to pay a few hundred dollars that day ya'know.

Good luck with your repairs...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts