BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'ts that time again to lease a replacement for my 2014 535. I've negotiated a lease deal for an November production slot and would love any feedback.

Details; 740i 2017
MSRP: 113920
Sale Price: 104000
Residual for 36 month 12k miles per year 54%
Money factor; .00174

My research shows the money factor should be .00136. They are saying there MF is based on national credit score averages but who buys a 7 series without a top tier credit rating?

Return Fire!

Stewey

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,487 Posts
All,

I'ts that time again to lease a replacement for my 2014 535. I've negotiated a lease deal for an November production slot and would love any feedback.

Details; 740i 2017
MSRP: 113920
Sale Price: 104000
Residual for 36 month 12k miles per year 54%
Money factor; .00174

My research shows the money factor should be .00136. They are saying there MF is based on national credit score averages but who buys a 7 series without a top tier credit rating?

Return Fire!

Stewey
There are better deals out there, though some may be limited to cars to be delivered in 2016 (to make BMWs numbers). If those deals applied the 104000 would be closer to 101000. The big problem is the money factor. .00174 is over 4%. The BMWFS money factor now for top tier is .00136, which is about 3.2%. The money factor is not based on national credit score averages. That is sheer baloney. It is -- or should be -- based on your score.

·
Registered
262 Posts
One a 2017 you should be able to achieve cost + $1000 easily. Then subtract the $5000 option credit. I'm guessing that is just over $100k on a $113k car. Also a $1k loyalty credit if you are a returning BMW FS client. And as said, a base MF of .00136

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
My first thought is an MSRP of almost $114K is a whole lot of dough for a 740i. That thing must me loaded! Just for perspective, with custom paint, leather, and a few other optional goodies, including Chrono and PASM, my P4S stickered at $119. For that kind of money I would be considering a number of other vehicles, including the M5.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done deal

Thanks to everyone for their opinions on the deal. The MSRP was a bit high but I added all the tech functions and opted for the 740i vs the 750i because of the lack of opportunity to really stretch the v8's legs on our roads here in the states. I truly miss the three years I spent in Germany with my 335i, they really know how to build highways:thumbup:. I closed the deal today at 102500 with .00136 money factor with a different dealer and while I feel I could of gotten lower we have a good relationship with this dealer after having bought/leased three previous vehicles with them. The funny part is that as an enthusiast I really felt more knowledgeable about the product than the "BMW genius"? that I did my test drive with. With any luck this will make a great Christmas present. I'l. Be sure and post pics when delivered.

Cheers

Stewey

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Thanks to everyone for their opinions on the deal. The MSRP was a bit high but I added all the tech functions and opted for the 740i vs the 750i because of the lack of opportunity to really stretch the v8's legs on our roads here in the states. I truly miss the three years I spent in Germany with my 335i, they really know how to build highways:thumbup:. I closed the deal today at 102500 with .00136 money factor with a different dealer and while I feel I could of gotten lower we have a good relationship with this dealer after having bought/leased three previous vehicles with them. The funny part is that as an enthusiast I really felt more knowledgeable about the product than the "BMW genius"? that I did my test drive with. With any luck this will make a great Christmas present. I'l. Be sure and post pics when delivered.

Cheers

Stewey
Enjoy it Stewey. I agree about having a dealer with whom you have a good relationship. I'm on my 3d with the same dealer because the service dept is very good and there is no BS in the sales process.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts

Cheers

Stewey
Congratulations and enjoy it in good health!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Pretty ridiculous how car dealerships get away with blatantly lying to the consumer, especially when it comes to financing.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Cheers

Stewey
Was the residual really 54%? I thought it was 56% for '17s and 60% for '16s?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Residual value

My research unfortunately matched what they were offering. 12k miles 36 months is 54%. I don't believe dealers have any say in this as I'm pretty sure BMW finance sets this value unlike money factor which they are allowed to mark up. I did consider other vehicles due to price but I think BMW is still the leader for leasing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Money factor.

My research revealed the current money factor base to be .00136. If anyone has knowledge of a different base rate please let me know.

·
6 RINGS
8,459 Posts
Residual is set by Bmw. Get them to the base MF and do MSD's. This isnt a car id overpay for.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
61% for me end of june. 10k/36

Makes sense it for it to drop a few points. 56 is pretty rough, though.

Dealer MF is where I feel like they're inflating, especially with that stupid explanation they gave you for it which qualifies as lying to me. It's one thing to say this is the best rate we're willing to give you, another to make up some **** like that.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
No one has said it but, BMW likes to hide "secret" gems "easter eggs" with their cars. A lot of features hidden that don't show up for further customizations through coding. I mean, it's so rare the BMW service advisors may not even know (I talked to them and they said they don't know and I know more than they do about the car). If you really want to find out what secret features it has, demand to talk to BMW HQ and see what features you can have with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts