Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my can 2004 740d is fitted with Webasto Thermo Top C with circulation punp on it. It's controller (brains) have died and I can not find used ones anywhere. My question - is it possible to replace thermo top c with z or z/c and program - code it to work in my car as a park heater?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Any webasto fitted to a diesel 7 such as c or z will fit because the main unit are all the same its only when u add the circulation pump it then becomes a thermo top c unit .few people have 730d with thermo top z fitted .just added circulation pump and code and its used then with the remote control .

Sent from my SM-G390F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
505 Posts
U only need to plug it in and default code the webasto module itself so then it will code ur replacement webasto to ur cars settings that ur original webasto would have been running thats it

Sent from my SM-G390F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
152 Posts
I seem to have the same problem as aurius0. I have a Webasto Thermo Top C that was factory installed on my 2004 740d. It has not been working from the remote or starting from the Idrive since I got the car but it does start when I start the engine from cold (in cold weather) as well as when I run the webasto test from DIS or INPA.
The BMW dealer said when they were doing fault finding on it that the control unit is not responding, i.e. dead.
So I've been planning on getting a used webasto to replace the one I've got now.
The question I have is if I need to do anything software wise or if it's just plug & play since this is an option the car already has?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts