Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My right blinker (front and back) goes off and on when the car is off and will turn on and off spontaneously while driving and/not using the blinker. One thought it could be a relay problem. What should I do? :dunno:

Thank you,
i<3cars

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
There is no relay to check. Signals are handled by the Light Control Module, located behind the kick panel, forward from the passenger door. Have you had water inside the cabin on that side? Clogged sunroof drains cause water to leak down the A pillar and will sometimes find it's way to the module. Might also pull the rear tail light and check for corrosion. It's a known issue for water to get past the gasket and affect the circuit on the tail light.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the time we had gotten your message we had already taken the lcm out and inspected the pcb [amazing what you can learn when you have to haha]. Couldn't find anything wrong with it. Ordered a new one (the local dump's 7 series's pcb was different), and put the car back together with the old one while awaiting for the new one to come in. Problem seemed to vanish. We were wondering why that was and what we should do next when I got your message. Our car had leaked from the sunroof before on that side- so it seemed to me that opening it all up and putting it all together got rid of any possible water. Does that seem sound to you?

And unfortunately, the wife is always right...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
One other thing you should be aware of if you had water on that side. There is a main fuse block and many splices under the passenger seat. They sit in the lowest part of the floor pan under there. Seat is not hard to remove so if you want to check something just for kicks.... doing so may prevent MANY headaches down the road.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/...MID-wasn-t-working-Fuse-Block-under-pass-seat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts