BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just happend today on the dispaly on the top right corner it appear a small yellow car icon.anybody any idea what that is and why is staying on?thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
mitao2000 said:
hi just happend today on the dispaly on the top right corner it appear a small yellow car icon.anybody any idea what that is and why is staying on?thanks
yes. it means you ran over a small yellow car, probably this one:

just kidding.

it means on board computer is warning you something is up. chances are, your breaks or engine oil will need replacement soon. to know what it is exactly, go to 'car data' or checkout your iDrive manual.

·
Registered
707 Posts
probably. but go to the onboard computer in the 'car data' section - upper right hand corner. it will tell you for sure what it is.

·
///M for Motor Sports!
2,946 Posts
Lmho

Funny!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
mitao2000 said:
:) hey thanks for the yellow car ,my oil needs to be changed in 800 miles,is that it?
Yea sometimes it could very well be jus a fused bulb in the high beam lights that also serve as daytime running lights (here in canada they do!) or cud be a malfunction in someother system like DSC or ACtive Body Control/ Dynamic Driving Feature (760s or the neweer 750s)

·
Registered
4 Posts
mitao2000 said:
:) hey thanks for the yellow car ,my oil needs to be changed in 800 miles,is that it?
Yellow car - something needs attention in the near future.
Red car - something needs your attention now.

It is warning you of an impending need for an oil change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My indicator light just tunrned on this morning. I checked the car data to see what it is, my windshield washer fluid is low! God I love my car!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Same here. Yellow little car = low washer fluid. BTW, she has a heck of a blader

It takes over one gallon ! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts