BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
My 02 745i is shaking a lot, the car itself not the steering wheel, after i pass the 45mph mark. its a violent wobble and shake. I thought maybe it needed an alignment which i did this morning and but the shaking is still there.

I checked all the rims and tires, the upper and lower control arms, and breaks.

Can someone help me please :dunno:

·
Registered
248 Posts
hello all,
My 02 745i is shaking a lot, the car itself not the steering wheel, after i pass the 45mph mark. its a violent wobble and shake. I thought maybe it needed an alignment which i did this morning and but the shaking is still there.

I see you done an alignment, but did you also have your wheels balanced? I would try that next if you haven't. Good Luck!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
do you feel it in your seat or in the whole car?

It could be a few things:
1. Bent Wheel
2. Out of balance tire/rim
3. Bad ball-joints and/or suspension parts
4. Out of round tire
5. Bad tire

A good tire shop should be able to figure out if it is the tires, or as well if your wheel is bent. Make sure you go to a shop that uses a HUNTER ROAD FORCE balancing machine as these are the only machines that put force against the tire while it's spinning to truly balance it.

As well I would go to your independent mechanic and have them check out ALL the suspension components.

·
Ms. AWesome ;)
67 Posts
hello all,

I faced the same.. one of your rims on the front wheels is bent. change them with your spare on in the boot and you will know which one is the hassle..

normally its the drivers side which is the culprit :tsk:

·
Teenage Car Enthusiast
622 Posts
This is a longshot but is there fix a flat in one of the tires?
What problems or issues can this cause? My steering wheel shakes when I'm going about 30MPH and I think my wheels still bare to the right after getting front and rear wheel alignment done... (Fix a flat in rear passenger tire) (very small dent in front passenger rim)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.