BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2003 745i Sport that I'm in love with several hundred miles from home. I got rid of a 2002 745i with the Luxury Seating package. I know the seats in the Sport won't be as nice, but does can anyone with Sport experience let me know how you like it and why you did or didn't get the Sport Package on your car. The car I'm looking at has Sport, Conv. Pack, Logic7, Cold Weather Pack, High Gloss Wood.

·
Registered
140 Posts
crvtt said:
I found a 2003 745i Sport that I'm in love with several hundred miles from home. I got rid of a 2002 745i with the Luxury Seating package. I know the seats in the Sport won't be as nice, but does can anyone with Sport experience let me know how you like it and why you did or didn't get the Sport Package on your car. The car I'm looking at has Sport, Conv. Pack, Logic7, Cold Weather Pack, High Gloss Wood.
I love the look of the sport pkg.... the shadowline trim and slightly lowered look were my favorite..... the handling is great and the 19" sport wheels are way better than the 18" ones.... seats..... again..... not my favorite but acceptable

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
I didnt get the sport package on my car because it wasn't avaliable, they came out with it a year later, that was too long to wait, I caught the fever and the only remedy was more bimmer! (you know, like "more cowbell" :D)

I kind of like the side bolstering of the sport seats better than comfort, they're snugger, but on the newer comfort seats they have recently made the side bolsters as snug so the comfort seats remain the preference thus worth the extra $$$.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
crvtt said:
I had 2002 and 2003 Non-Sports (it wasn't yet available) with 19" rims. When I ordered the '05, I was excited to get the Sport Pkg. First of all, if you have the same wheelbase car, both with 19" rims, I'm not sure the "ride" is hugely different. I've heard people comment the the feel is a bit more harsh when you're riding in the back seat of the Sport, but I've never heard a complaint. (I've also never ridden in the back seat.)

I like the look of the Sport and the different steering wheel a lot. I also really love the Sport rims. Since I have an '05, I actually have the Comfort Seats in mine, so I can't comment on the Sport seats. My recollection was that the leather seems nicer on them, but they just don't have as much adjustment options.

Good luck!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. Now I'm torn between a black on black highly optioned with Park Dist Control, Logic7, Sunshades, Sport Pack, Conv. Pack, Cold Weather Pack, High Gloss Wood with 44k miles vs. a white with the white leather/black dash interior with Cold Weat, Logic7, High Gloss Wood, and Sport Pack with 30k miles. I really wanted the PDC and I love both colors. Price is $3000 between the two, the white one being the mor expensive. Decisions Decisions! This is really tearing me up, I'm in love with both! Both have the 6/100k warranty so the mileage isn't a huge deal. I really like the PDC and Sunshades on the black on black, but I absolutely love the white interior on the white one. Only if the black one had the white interior it'd be my perfect car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts