Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone lead me in the right direction on how to figure out why my 2003 745li wont start?All it does is turn over but wont start. I check the fuel pump by taking the line off and trying to start it to see if fuel pumps out and it did! I'm loss and don't know where to go from here. I tried to start car so much it went dead on me the other day, now I believe it isn't the starter because I can see the belts etc turning when I do try to start it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does the starter turn over?

If not I experienced intermittent no starts up until I replace the control module that has fuses in it. It’s inform of the DME. I don’t recall the capsule name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Does the starter turn over?

If not I experienced intermittent no starts up until I replace the control module that has fuses in it. It’s inform of the DME. I don’t recall the capsule name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My car wouldn't start not crank over periodically. Turns out it was the IVM (Integrated Voltage Supply module under the passenger side cabin filter in the engine compartment).

Your problem sounds like the SSBR (something related to the restraint system and airbag deployment) which if activated or faulty disables the fuel pump. One. Common symptom is crank no fire.

This module is located in the driver's B pillar.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I'm having issues with my e65 draining my battery. Originally took the vehicle for this same problem three weeks back, indie shop said it was power module was not going to sleep so was replaced. Ended up replacing battery (not OEM) and was working fine for two weeks then my abs/transmission failsafe mode came on and really limited my vehicle power and left me stranded. Put an original OEM battery but wasn't registered, a lot of ppl say that doesn't matter?Had to jump start vehicle and took me about 5miles and died again. Replaced the abs after doing my research and still nothing!!!! Please help!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts