BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just moved to Europe and brought along my car, a 750Li 2010 model. I am having a really hard time with finding out how to get the European maps loaded on my car. My car has the US maps on the GPS, since I purchased it in the States.

I am currently in Greece and BMW Hellas tells me that the maps cannot be loaded in my car's GPS because it has US specs. They said that this is what BMW AG Munich told them.

However, I just could not believe this for such an expensive car, and I contacted BMW USA. They told me that the maps can definitely be loaded if I contact BMW AG directly. The problem is that when I contact BMW AG they just ignore me and forward my message to BMW Hellas.
BMW USA said that the US spec cars that have the European delivery option, already have the European maps and when they arrive to the US, BMW loads the US maps there, so they can't see why the opposite is an issue.

Does anyone of you know anything about it? I would appreciate any help.

All the best,
Harry

·
SWB3
282 Posts
I don't know if this will help but let me give it a try.

I think the US cars have a different type of DVD format than the European and in order for you to solve this the easiest way may be to source the discs from a US dealer as they should be properly formatted to the system. My best guess, someone else may know more.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thank you, but as far as I know there is no DVD. It's all loaded on the hard disk
That is correct. They are loaded onto the hard drive by either computer or I think there might be a USB connection to load the maps.

Pretty disappointing they are not making this easier for you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's always something with these guys. the good news about the european GPS is it DOES give you the current speed limit (I'm told. and I am not talkng about the "speed limiter" you enter so it pings when you hit a desired max speed) on your HUD....it does not work in the US software. You'd think they would come up with a world-wide version that gave all functions in all countries. what a pain. My Garmin in my 911 does give speed limit and it is a great help. which they could figure this out.

also, starting in March you can get full "bmw apps" like on my ipod, right on the idrive screen. I am told I cannot add it to my 2011 built in 2010. aren't these guys software experts? anybody else hearing anything about the new "bmw apps" functions?

thx...kt

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
European maps on a NAS (US Spec) car is definitely possible, as my car was delivered with same installed this past Fall when doing European Delivery!

Give European Delivery / European Sales a call at (800) 932-0831. While they may not be able to help firsthand, they may be able to point you in the right direction, as they have contacts on both sides of the pond.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.