BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
bmw addiction
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this on roadfly and i seem to have the same problem when accelerating. does anyone else?

My 06 750Li is due back this month. I, as many of you, learned the first model year could be a nightmare. I had 2 02s. I went through the whole first model deal. Car stop, fix car, car stop fix car stop fix----- buy back---- you know the stories. Rather than be a guinea pig, I decided to pick up an 07 760Li. I am very disappointed with the performance. The car is gorgeous with every single option. My issue is when I floor it, I think it sends an e mail to Germany to ask what gear it should downshift into. Two seconds later when it does downshift, it seems to be one gear too high. Anyone have similar? It does pull better from a dead stop but the downshift and take off while driving is inferior to my 750. Any comments or fixes?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have an appoitment on Monday for the same problem, as well as an up shift issue from starting at a dead stop. I emailed the service builien from BMW Tec that you posted on the transmission thread and am hoping that will solve it. I don't think it is just a 760 issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have the same issue. when im driving around 50mph or so, then apply the throttle, I have to wait a few days before the car picks up some steam. lately, I've been flooring it, all the way down, to force the car to learn this new aggressive driving style. havent noticed a difference so far.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
SI B12 15 08 and SI B 24 05 08

SUBJECT
E65, E66 with N62TU - Various Driveability Complaints

MODEL
E65, E66 (750i, 750iL) produced from 03/05 up to 09/07

SITUATION
Concerns about one or a combination of the following situations :

1) The engine has a rough idle, or the idle fluctuates on the initial cold start when the outside temperature exceeds 59F.

2) Creep speed bucking.

3) Drivetrain "clunks ***8211; jerks" when reaccelerating at low speed ("load reversal").

4) The vehicle jerks when accelerating from a stop ("throttle calibration too aggressive"), or the vehicle does not accelerate smoothly from a stop ("brief delay and then lurches forward").

5) Shudder and/or noise and/or surge and/or hesitation from the transmission during a cold start operation.

6) Harsh 2-1, 3-2 downshifts when coming to a stop ("harsh jolt/bang felt while slowing down").

7) Harsh jolt felt when reaching the top of a hill, driving uphill ("felt like a harsh 1-2 up-shift").

8) The driveability complaints are intermittent and they are not easily reproducible in the workshop. No fault codes are stored in the DME or EGS control modules. Countermeasures from SI B12 27 05 ("N62TU ***8211; Engine pinging & idle fluctuation") were performed without success.

CAUSE
Combination of the DME and EGS software.

CORRECTION

On a customer complaint basis only, and when the problem description matches one of those listed above.........

Submit a PuMA case titled "750 Driveability Retrofit"

It is neccessary to perform a complete diagnosis first in order to eliminate the possibility of other "drivetrain" faults being overlooked (such as O2 sensor faults that are intermittent but "stored" the faults), I see this all the time and it makes me sick. Once all available resources and test plans have been exhausted, it is then turned over to the gods of BMWNA by way of PuMA. Praying ultimately May Allow us to repair or correct the situation, given that all the requirements have been performed correctly. What I meant by that is simply :
Imagine yourself being the technician. You run it for faults and found that there aren't any faults stored. 30 minutes had passed, you look for applicable S.I.B.'s if you knew what you were doing. But your main focus was to verify the situation because you have nothing to move further with (no drivetrain faults). You seek the foreman and roadtest the vehicle, both find that theres no problem. That's upsetting for the client, the tech gets nothing or a half hour claim for running a fault scan. Yes, that's better than assuming there are no faults because there are no warning lamps. That, I can prove and have came across on a daily basis. Specifically the oxygen sensor faults that is set during acceleration. The mixture is trying to "lean" out and as you attempt to accelerate by stepping on the pedal, it causes the confusion as I have explained once before. Until the DME decides that it is time to activate the warning lamp (programmed algorithms), we feel the abnormalities/symptoms. But this isn't the way I would go about it, I'm BMW_tech. sunny_j, are you having this problem on yours? ASK me, okay? I was just kidding when I said "of all the people I don't expect to hear from, you suddenly come out of nowhere". What I meant was that I do not expect you to have any problems because you are one of the most informed owner/technical guru in the forums regarding this model series.
I'm starting to sound like a MOST bus conflict. Fawk. :rofl: screeeeech.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
thats for the 06+ 750. i have a 03 760
Im confused. You quoted someone with an 06 and the others that chimed in has an 05 and later which qualifies for the retro. :dunno: So you have an N73? What SW integration level is the vehicle at?

The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 27.00.00 (Target Data Status E065-07-09-515)

Jolting, surge, gearshift crunch, knocking noises during load reversal in the drive train under acceleration out of the overrun phase. Only N73 with 6HP26 vehicles are affected.

·
bmw addiction
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a 03 760 while driving at around 80 kmh when i accelerate it takes few seconds for the car to actually start moving. so its the same problem the guy in the post is having

·
Registered
784 Posts
Taking this to my SA tomorrow. Thank you BMW Tech, I am looking forward to this being solved.:thumbup:

SI B12 15 08 and SI B 24 05 08

SUBJECT
E65, E66 with N62TU - Various Driveability Complaints

MODEL
E65, E66 (750i, 750iL) produced from 03/05 up to 09/07

SITUATION
Concerns about one or a combination of the following situations :

1) The engine has a rough idle, or the idle fluctuates on the initial cold start when the outside temperature exceeds 59F.

2) Creep speed bucking.

3) Drivetrain "clunks - jerks" when reaccelerating at low speed ("load reversal").

4) The vehicle jerks when accelerating from a stop ("throttle calibration too aggressive"), or the vehicle does not accelerate smoothly from a stop ("brief delay and then lurches forward").

5) Shudder and/or noise and/or surge and/or hesitation from the transmission during a cold start operation.

6) Harsh 2-1, 3-2 downshifts when coming to a stop ("harsh jolt/bang felt while slowing down").

7) Harsh jolt felt when reaching the top of a hill, driving uphill ("felt like a harsh 1-2 up-shift").

8) The driveability complaints are intermittent and they are not easily reproducible in the workshop. No fault codes are stored in the DME or EGS control modules. Countermeasures from SI B12 27 05 ("N62TU - Engine pinging & idle fluctuation") were performed without success.

CAUSE
Combination of the DME and EGS software.

CORRECTION

On a customer complaint basis only, and when the problem description matches one of those listed above.........

Submit a PuMA case titled "750 Driveability Retrofit"

It is neccessary to perform a complete diagnosis first in order to eliminate the possibility of other "drivetrain" faults being overlooked (such as O2 sensor faults that are intermittent but "stored" the faults), I see this all the time and it makes me sick. Once all available resources and test plans have been exhausted, it is then turned over to the gods of BMWNA by way of PuMA. Praying ultimately May Allow us to repair or correct the situation, given that all the requirements have been performed correctly. What I meant by that is simply :
Imagine yourself being the technician. You run it for faults and found that there aren't any faults stored. 30 minutes had passed, you look for applicable S.I.B.'s if you knew what you were doing. But your main focus was to verify the situation because you have nothing to move further with (no drivetrain faults). You seek the foreman and roadtest the vehicle, both find that theres no problem. That's upsetting for the client, the tech gets nothing or a half hour claim for running a fault scan. Yes, that's better than assuming there are no faults because there are no warning lamps. That, I can prove and have came across on a daily basis. Specifically the oxygen sensor faults that is set during acceleration. The mixture is trying to "lean" out and as you attempt to accelerate by stepping on the pedal, it causes the confusion as I have explained once before. Until the DME decides that it is time to activate the warning lamp (programmed algorithms), we feel the abnormalities/symptoms. But this isn't the way I would go about it, I'm BMW_tech. sunny_j, are you having this problem on yours? ASK me, okay? I was just kidding when I said "of all the people I don't expect to hear from, you suddenly come out of nowhere". What I meant was that I do not expect you to have any problems because you are one of the most informed owner/technical guru in the forums regarding this model series.
I'm starting to sound like a MOST bus conflict. Fawk. :rofl: screeeeech.

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
My car is in the shop today for the same issues. I also forwarded this to my service advsior. My biggest fear is that they find nothing. I was told that the shop foreman would drive my car and if there is anything wrong, even subtle, he would notice it. I hope they are as picky as me. My 2002 was a rocket with a rock solid tranny. The thing screwed. This one, not so much in the last few months.

My dealer is great though. I am always happy with their work. I'll post back in a separate thread later today after I get the call. I did completely clean out my car thinking it would be in the shop for a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts