BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 20" 787M wheels look great! I know they're staggered, but wonder if they can be ordered with a square set-up from the factory? I would definitely be putting non-rft tires on the wheels right away because of my climate. I don't want to be swapping wheels seasonally. I see great choices from Conti and Michelin. I would do the staggered set-up if there were no other choice. This brings up the question of the spare, which I would absolutely order with the vehicle. Would it go on any corner with the staggered set-up? I'm hoping someone here can clear up my questions. Lots of experience on this forum.

·
Registered
2022 X3 xDrive30i
40 Posts
You cannot change anything with the wheels. If they come staggered, they cannot be changed. And yes, the spare can be used to replace any tire, front and back. This is the set up I have.

·
Registered
Ship Captain of the Ever Given
2,616 Posts
You need to find your offset and backspacing. Your lug pattern is 5X112 and your hub is 66.6mm.
Anything can be changed. Different models have different offsets and backspacing though.
As an example my G20 front offset is 27 and my rear offset is 40. If I want a square setup I need to order wheels accordingly.

·
Registered
2022 X3 xDrive30i
40 Posts
jacko15 is asking if they can be "changed from the factory". The answer to that is, NO. Once you own it you can do whatever you want to it, but that is not what he is asking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts