BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from the dealer and they say 2 more weeks putting me at just over 10 weeks. They said it went to the trucking company today and won't arrive until May 17. Two weeks to get from New Jersey to Ohio is crazy. The dealer just told me last week it was being put on the truck May 1 and would arrive May 3. Has anyone heard of two weeks for a 12 hours drive before? Is there anything I can do? :dunno:

I can't take it anymore. I've been driving by the dealership at random just to look at the other cars and hoping there has be a mistake and mine will be there, pathetic.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
..... Is there anything I can do? :dunno:

No... Sorry... there is NOTHING you can do. This is YOUR punishment for violating the 12 hrs rule. Your Broke the rule... now you pay the price.

We know who you are... and we WILL make you pay!!! Muuhaha...

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
nah man. Nothing you can do.

Took me 10 weeks also but I did a PCD.

10 weeks to a dealer is on the long side but alas.. c'est la vie!

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
In 2004, my car took 9 weeks to dealer (10 to me because I was out of town on business), but I remember plenty of people having taken longer. We feel your pain. And laugh at the same time.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I definitely feel your pain, since I just went through it myself. Just makes you appreciate the car all that much more when you finally get it! :thumbup:

·
N54
3,427 Posts
So BMWFS waives one payment but I guess you lose your car for close to 2 months?

Thinking about a 'Vert ED makes the timing kinda tricky: if you wait til the weather gets nicer in Europe, say April/May, then post dropoff you'll lose 8-10 weeks of prime stateside vert weather (at least in this part of the US)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Warpack, I don't have a lot of confidence in the dealer's statements. You and I may well have the same dealer. I've found that I typically know more than the dealer about the status of my car once it hit customs. I consistently got wtong information from the dealer. I don't fault the dealer and the CA too much. They make a call, may not call the right place, and probably don't ask the right questions. In short, they don't care about it nearly as much as I do.
When I told my CA that my 335 had been released to the trucking company today he told me that it would probably sit until there are enough EDs being shipped this way to fill a truck and that it would then stop at each dealer along the way. He thought it would probably arrive in 2 days to 1 week. That seems to make sense to me. The idea that your car would take two weeks to get loaded on a truck and shipped to Cincinnati just doesn't sound right. You might want to call BMW NA and ask for Lorissa. She has been very helpful to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sbh1, I've received about three different stories now but one of them was the same one you got. I'm going to give BMW NA a call tomorrow. I dont have a car come Sat so I asked for a loaner and it sounds like they will come thru.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts