BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only *just* purchased this car. Haven't had it a week. It's a 1984 735i Gray Market 5 speed. Love it and it's been performing well for the five days I've owned it. Drove it to DC last night with no problem. When I started it to go home (a 50 mile trip), it started with no problems. Then, when accelerating, seemed to lose power. I pulled over and it stalled. Upon several restarts, it starts with no problem but the idle, which is even at first, becomes very rough within a few seconds and the engine stalls.

I was told by the PO that the cam chain tensioner needed to be tightened and I have a friend (porsche fan) who thinks it could be the Cold STart Valve.

As the car is stranded in DC, I'm gong to have to call a local shop and have it towed rather than to my regular mechanic at home.

Any suggestions from this group? I hate not having had time to explore much before running into my first problem...

Shellie

·
Registered
150 Posts
There is a repair shop on Cessna Road in Gaithersburg, MD.

Airpark Auto Service
8054 Cessna Ave, Gaithersburg, MD
(301) 519-0147***8206;

I know they work on European cars. I was there in Oct, visiting family. They are located next door to a auto broker. I asked them a question about my car and they answered it with out a problem. Hopefulle they will be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts