BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's the deal, I was given this 1984 318i 2 door 5 speed.
The rad was leaking and I found a rad and replaced it.
I have noticed that while replacing the rad there are two connectors that I swapped over from the old rad onto the new one, however I can't find the wires that connect to them...any ideas? I looked everywhere for them and can't find em anywhere...they are probably staring me in the face. This car was sitting for over 2 years and when I put a new battery in it the car fired right up even with the old gas in the tank. It has no power and I can't seem to rev it over 2500.

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
the connectors on the rad go to the relays for the aux fan on 325's i assume they do the same for the 318... now your revving problem can be anything but.. maybe a new fuel filter and drain your gas tank prior to that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to take a look at the O2 sensor, and the MAF.
Relays for the aux fan, I will check that out.

·
East Bound And Down
2,852 Posts
O2 sensor only kicks in when the car is warmed up so yeh MAF or somethign else

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the engine does not have a missfire, the exhaust could be restricked. Have the CAT checked to make sure it has not come apart and plugged the muffler.

·
Function over fashion
887 Posts
I would definitely eliminate any fuel issues first, then go from there, you could waste a lot of time looking elsewhere, a good clean fuel supply is essential. If it idles fine but won't rev up, it might just not be getting enough fuel, or else too much air. Check (listen and look) for vacuum leaks anywhere, too, since the car has been sitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts