BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 325ES 1986. Have replaces starter and in that process found two wires running from Drivers side Trannie (lower right) and not attached to anything. Car is running bad anyway so I am trying to eliminate as many problems as possible. I also found two more wires topside running from back of wiring harness (drivers side) and going nowhere. They have the typical plastic ends the same as hooks up the cold start valve. Any hel would be appreciated

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wires from the ETA and ETA Sports, the ends are broken. Are those plastic ends available. Or can I just crimp them together with the wires they go to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wires and Starter

Ok I reattached the wires from the Trannie casing, the eta wires or whatever they are. The external ends(palstic box) on the bottom were broken but the little spades(3 perwire)were OK. Topside one connector is black and the other is gray, on the bottom I had no idea which went where. Q-if I put them in the wrong connector, or upside down would it keep the car from running. We have starter problem and even pushing the car this week it will not start. It started when pushed last week. Lot's of problems and ready for dynamite...

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Ok you need the connector numbers to ensure they are the proper ones. Peel back a bit of the rubber and get the numbers off the harness then you need to look up the wire code to find out what it connects to.

The sensors can be dead not allowing the engine to run also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts