BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I gave my old 89 535i to my daughter first mistake. So she said that she was driving down the street and the windows rolled down sunroof opened then they rolled up doors locked. and the events continued. She called me and said it was possessed. She said doors all locked sunroof stuck open so she was using the roof as the door. Interesting if driving through for a burger. Anyways I was able to open the passenger door manually. Took the rear seat out checked all the fuses all were good. If I remove 30 and 31 and replace them the locks will work once then not work again until i remove and replace them. The fuses dont blow. a thread I read said to check the GM feeding fuse 47. Which one is that and how do you check it? If someone can point it out in a pic or diagram I would greatly appreciate it. Where can I get a cheap one?? What else can it be?? Any ideas??

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
This sounds oddly familiar, like I've read this post before. Oh well... I think that there is a relay called the comfort relay that may be the culprit. Check in to that. Also, I'm sure some others will chime in soon that have more knowledge.

·
Humble E34 lover
5,519 Posts
This sounds oddly familiar, like I've read this post before. Oh well... I think that there is a relay called the comfort relay that may be the culprit. Check in to that. Also, I'm sure some others will chime in soon that have more knowledge.

OK. An edit here. I think I was wrong about the comfort relay. Apparently they E34 doesn't have one. It may be the ZKE.

Here's a post that may help

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443719

Hopefully someone will give you better information than I can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts