BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New to the site..
Names D , and i have a few questions about my beamer
i just bought from a private owner. Its a 92 BMW 318i Sedan.
My battery just went out in i cant seem to find where to replace it
or where to charge it anywhere :mad: why would they hide it idk
but if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.:thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
yea i feel you man it took me 20 min to find it theres all types of cool stuff your car dose hold the key to the right and all the windows and sunroof will close.

·
blank
1,614 Posts
Hey everyone! New to the site..
Names D , and i have a few questions about my beamer
i just bought from a private owner. Its a 92 BMW 318i Sedan.
My battery just went out in i cant seem to find where to replace it
or where to charge it anywhere :mad: why would they hide it idk
but if anyone could help me it would be appreciated.:thumbup:
*bimmer

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
the battery is in the trunk, to help prevent it from getting all nasty and wet and corroded and stuff.
I kinda like the idea of it, but i dont want to have to jump it cause i dont prefer having jumpers in the back of my car with another car chargin that thing up. If it explodes there goes my trunk, and it looks nice. right now haha.

and the little key thingy with the windows is especially nice when you or a friend forgets to roll the window up after you get outta the car. Just lock your doors and hold it there and up they go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the battery is in the trunk, to help prevent it from getting all nasty and wet and corroded and stuff.
I kinda like the idea of it, but i dont want to have to jump it cause i dont prefer having jumpers in the back of my car with another car chargin that thing up. If it explodes there goes my trunk, and it looks nice. right now haha.

and the little key thingy with the windows is especially nice when you or a friend forgets to roll the window up after you get outta the car. Just lock your doors and hold it there and up they go.
or maybe to keep the weight distribution across the car closer to 50/50 front/rear to increase handling performance...

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
That's part of it, yes.
It's also for emergency services. It's easier to jump from the front of one car to the back of another, instead of attempting to get a cord long enough, or trying to turn the car around.

The 50/50 weight ratio is a very important reason, indeed.

·
Registered
716 Posts
First of all - welcome to the 'fest D :hi:

If you prefer to jump the car from the front there are terminals under the bonnet/hood to allow this.

On top of the points already made, having the battery locked in the trunk is also an added security benefit as it makes it slightly harder for a would be thief to disable the alarm system.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts