BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Passthebullets
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
96 bmw 740il

I own a 1993 525 i Love the car. I was able to get 96 BMW 740 IL for a very low cost it has been sitting since 2010 it is in cherry condition, it is my favorite car. Now I acquired a 1977 BMW 320 odd that it's been sitting for 25 years in a garage. We have it running but not quite ready for the road can't wait. The photo of the 96 740 IL is sitting on the top of Pike's Peak here in Colorado,

Attachments

·
Passthebullets
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
96 740il electrical freak out

:dunno::dunno: the electrical system on my 740 IL went haywire lights wouldn't shut off stereo blew a fuse the alarm went off the lights were flashing it was just crazy I changed out of your fears and now it's normal so anybody know what possibly could've gone wrong:dunno:

·
Passthebullets
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bad contacts ignition switch

Ignition switch my 1996 740 IL did the same things turns out the contacts in the ignition switch get corroded here are some photos it's actually a pretty easy and cheap part to replace or you can take the old one and clean it out
fullsizeoutput_63e.jpg

fullsizeoutput_63f.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

:thumbup:

·
Passthebullets
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Angel Eye LED 96 740il

Thanks for posting actually I own a 1996 740 IL. Maybe you can help I would like to buy some angel eye LED for it. Thanks

·
Passthebullets
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally 1977 320i got home

:rofl:This 1977 320 I Been sitting in the garage since 1997. The lady that sold it to me great price. She got a DUI in 97 could not afford the insurance at that time so she drove it into the garage and it's been there till today.. Those are the original miles just to gas smells real bad and the battery's toast. Headliner needs to be reinstalled interior and leather seats are in excellent condition. The mice chewed on three wires believe it or not and they never got inside which is totally amazing. We have a lot of work to do to even think about starting it but I believe it will start up the oil looks great I'm just blown away this was the first ultimate driving machine.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts