BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have had this error for a while and i would like to find out why i keep getting it and i'm not able to clear the code since it keeps coming back. The code is 94F6 SZL: Steering-column adjustment switch open/short circuit to positive. My steering column adjustment is manual. After digging with INPA i found this page. Can it be that the car thinks i have electrical steering column adjustment. I looked into the VO code list and there wasn't anything related to steering columns. Any help is appreciated thank you and have a nice day!
Car is BMW E60 520i 2004

I also have these errors that seem to be related:
9FE0 SZM: LSM: Hall sensor faulty
9FEC SZM: LSM: changeover motor faulty
9FED SZM: Steering column module: position data initialized
Computer Personal computer Output device Computer monitor Gadget

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SZL is not referring to an adjustable steering column. Do some surfing on this site. The SZL is referring to some of the internals parts of the steering wheel.
Alright ill try to find something. I had tried to google this error code but no one seems to really have the answer. It's weird because i get those codes but everything works perfectly. Wipers, cruise control and every button works normally.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were there any software updates or modification on you SZL or steering wheel module? the code says that it's looking for a switch for the column adjustment but it's not there (short/open circuit) Was it replaced before ?
There hasn't been any updates and i haven't done anything to the column. I think it appeared after i retrofitted comfort seats into the car. I added the VO code for comfort seats only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts