BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor on my 95 318i and this solved my no start issue, but now it has another problem. Immediately after replacing the CPS I noticed that in the morning when I start the car and try to leave before warming the engine up, it will bog down and a choke, like a car running out of gas at less than 5 MPH. Before the no start issue there were no problems and this car ran perfectly. I pulled the intake off again to ensure that all lines were attached, which they were. I do notice that in the afternoon when it is hot outside, without driving it at all I can start it and drive without any issues at all. The first thing that I did to troubleshoot the no start issue is to check the fuel pump and it is fine. The fact that the car starts and runs differently depending on the temperature during the day is definitely confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
check for vacuum leaks. your throttle boot has lots of wrinkles, look carefully and in all the other components. also check your idle control valve. might be dirty or not working. it can be cleaned with wd-40 or carborator cleaner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts