BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

95 740iL - CEL check engine light

7213 8
How do i reset my eml light to make it go away on my 95 740il?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Bimmer App
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Pardon me

How do i reset the check engine light on my 95 740il?

Ive had some success with discoing the postive and negative battery terminals and touching them together for 30 seconds or so...

However the easiest way is with a OBD code reader. I bought a cheap one from Autozone that reads my codes and allows me to reset them as well...
Oh ok ill try the battery first then if all else fails by the code reader thnx alot

Your car is apparently a obd-1 car. I believe your port is in the engine compartment.. Not sure about the scanners available..

However here is a you tube video someone did on resetting pre 96 cel..

code reader

hey im having trouble finding the scanner, is there any chance you can post the link to the exact item?
For the 95 model, you can read codes without scanner. It might take a couple tries until you get them, but it will work. See attached pdf.

Attachments

thanx alot ou18, i did the stomp test and it woorked perfectly, the only code that came out was a bad o2 sensor, thats actually not bad for a 95 with 207,000 + miles, thanx alot once again
See if this $25 scanner works for you:
- Cheapest CAN OBDII scanner on the net that reads DTCs, pending codes, & clears codes
hey im having trouble finding the scanner, is there any chance you can post the link to the exact item?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.