BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 318i convertible. Full manual top. Top down and covered. Cover won't unlatch. Trunk interlock (micro switch pass side, actuator in trunk and drivers side latch) all seem to be working.

Note pass side latch doesn't seem to latch (can lift that side an inch or so). Driver's side latched tight. Release cable no movement at all. Pull cable with pliers up to point of worrying about breaking it and won't budge.

Tried hooking drivers side trunk interlock at latch with coat hanger. Managed to grab it but wouldn't pull any farther foward and can't feel solenoid operating back and forth when opening trunk. So don't think that's the problem. Took seat out and drivers side door panel off, also trunk liner and no apparent access to latch area. Can't even see it with top in way.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO ACCESS THAT DRIVERS SIDE LATCH TO TRIP IT OPEN?? OR???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you so much!!! Your amazing!!!!!
Now what's a good way to dry it all up my carpet is soaked!!!
I don't want to get any rust.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
+1 on the shop vac..
If you want it lookin, smellin, and appearing like new...a mild/diluted cleaner in a spray bottle would do wonders on your carpet with agitation.
Then you can detail your beautiful E36 while you shop vac.

:roundel:

·
Registered
33 Posts
You don't think it will rust from being wet between the carpet and the floor?
There's no sunlight lately haha just moved to Maryland and it's rainy and cold!

I miss Florida haha

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Depends on how good of a cleaning job you do.
lift carpet.. suck underneath.
There are a few spots where you can *push* into the carpet to suck the moisture out. (foam pad)
the foam will retain water longer than the carpet.
Park with the nose up slightly and you should be able to get a good amount from under the carpet of the passenger footwells.

Having moisture issues?
Grab some Dissecant/Dissicant .. fck.. ok.. the stuff that sucks the moisture outta the air...

:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts