BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply but im not looking to spend that much money. What kind of increase could i expect from a cold air intake and exhaust upgrade? or maybe a chip upgrade?

·
95325i on bimmer*****s
422 Posts
Hey thanks for the reply but im not looking to spend that much money. What kind of increase could i expect from a cold air intake and exhaust upgrade? or maybe a chip upgrade?
From my readings not much can be done with the exhaust to increase HP that much. It seems that most people just change the exhaust to get a louder/different tone from the car. CAI will not get much of a power increase. In addition the 4.4s do not have much in the way of an aftermarket and I do not think they have chip/computer flashing. I could be wrong because I am not looking to "mod" my 5er .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would recommend you to get your Dinan performance upgrade software done. If you are wanting a CAI I would really recommend the Dinan one but if your going to get that then it is highly recommended that you get the second performance software upgrade for maximum performance and that is going to give you about 16 more HP so that would put you over that 300 bench mark! Good luck! Here is the website! www.dinancars.com

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would recommend you to get your Dinan performance upgrade software done. If you are wanting a CAI I would really recommend the Dinan one but if your going to get that then it is highly recommended that you get the second performance software upgrade for maximum performance and that is going to give you about 16 more HP so that would put you over that 300 bench mark! Good luck! Here is the website! www.dinancars.com
Bull spit. The only way to do it is to forgo Dinan and use the Powerchip 540i chip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts