Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any experience or knowledge. Yesterday, my garage door came down on the roof as I was backing out. (door has issues with settings...have called a repairman since I haven’t had much luck fixing it..but that’s another story)
Fortunately the top was up, but the top is a but sprung on the drivers side rear, which is up about an inch. Passenger side is in place tight against the boot. I looked at the spines and felt everything in and out and haven’t found any noticeable bends. I can push the bottom of the top that’s off the boot down but it springs back. I’ve not tried lowering the top in case there’s an issue that would cause it to not nest or not come back up. I wondered if running it down then back up might right any hinges that may have moved. Also don’t want to chance having the Hall effect switches get loused up and have to go through the multiple cycling to get the top right. Last resort will be the pros if no one knows a fix. Thanks for any help.
Sccott.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,353 Posts
Scott, I don't know if it popped a tensioner band or bent something, but it's going to have to be partially closed to diagnose it. I don't see any other way to go about it. Did it break the latch on the driver's side?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesn’t appear to have broken anything. Door hit just forward of the back window. Good thought on a broken tensioner too. I noticed that the passenger side has the tensioner intact, but it’s missing on the drivers side (drivers side is the one that isn’t seating). The headliner is loose there and the flap that would wrap the C pillar is also loose. You know any threads that are good for repairing the tensioner? I did one on my E93 that was on that forum and was easy and accurate.

·
D'oh, You Kids!
29,353 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think it may be a tensioner band, so I***8217;ll look for a complete schematic in the top.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts