BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car has 47K orig miles, I just bought it a couple weeks ago from a friend who owned since new. Drove it a few days (love the car!) and one day the wipers no longer work.

I checked the fuse (#1 in the glove box), power to both sides. The 'pissers' work, but the wipers don't move/click/make a sound in any mode or position of the switch.

Any ideas (before I take it to the dealer)?
thx! dw
After further research, sounds like the dual relay that controls the wipers was suspect in the 97-98 5 series cars, and has been superceded by part number 61 36 8 364 501. It's located on the pass side, just behind the strut tower, under the microfilter holder.
dw

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have the problem I have? When it is raining very hard, after driving a few minutes, the wipes just stop working. When on the turnpike driving 60 mph, this is very alarming. The wipers will not work even when I pull over and stop for a while. They do not continue to work until they are dried out. I have taken it to the dealer at great expense, and they find nothing. I wish they had been the ones driving with no wipers on a busy highway. Does anyone have a suggestion...I'm afraid to drive the car if I think it's going to rain during the day?

Any way I can get BMW to replace the motor on my 8 year old 40,000 mile 5 series so I don't have to fear for my life on a rainy day??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.