BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the sport setup and prob 75k ago a set of Bilsteins were installed; same springs. The car still rides fine but the front of my car is higher than it should be in my opinion. Could this be sue to the shocks needing replacement once again and/or the springs. I want to lower the car so this is something I want to address now. If someone could post a pic for me that may help you understand where I am coming from. I attempted but it stated the file is too large.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
Simple answer is to just get some H&R or BG sport springs. EAC TUNING sells the BG. The shocks are barely broken in, I would not replace them. The stock sport springs sit pretty high compared to aftermarket springs. You will get a 1.25 to 1.5 inch drop in front and .5 inch drop in the rear typically with most aftermarket springs compared to the factory sport springs.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
I have no personal experience, but both seem to have many satisfied users. The BG are less expensive at around $208 plus shipping, so that is probably the way to go. Used? Good luck...try Ebay I guess... I'm not big on putting used anything on my car.

http://www.eactuning.com/bg-s2-sport-spring-bmw-p-423.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts