·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
great find, haven't checked but what's a BMW MAF normally go for? Definitely sticky worthy!

·
frei
19 Posts
paint chips on hood

from the picture the area around the roundel looks to be in good shape. Are you doing anything to avoid or get rid of chips in the paint in that area? My guess is that my numerous ones have been caused by stones off the road. Thanks, FREI

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
from the picture the area around the roundel looks to be in good shape. Are you doing anything to avoid or get rid of chips in the paint in that area? My guess is that my numerous ones have been caused by stones off the road. Thanks, FREI
Dude WTF is up with your massive thread jack??

Hey Dogg this is a great post. I'm still a little concerned though about this part. I'm still hoping to get a new MAF at a great price but I really don't want anything chinese made. This is still interesting though. Keep us posted man.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
11,786 Posts
Oh my bad! :D Either way it isn't Bosch or Siemens so I'm hesitant.
Did you know that at one point in recent history, the same company that makes the AutoZone DuraLast battery slapped (licensed) the name 'Bosch' for AutoZone to sell to their commercial (independent garages, fleet sales, etc) customers? Guess who else they made them for: DieHard.

This is likely the same Federated (or similar) part branded and sold for whichever market requests it.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Hmm you make a very good point there man. There is just so much chinese made crap out there and many other festers are posting problems with the knock-offs and ebay cheapies. I'd just like to get a quality new MAF for a decent price. Hopefully this Hyundai part turns out to be the real thing.

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Sweet!

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
**** I didn't even notice that on the 1st pic. That's good enough for me. I think I'm gonna order one of these babies.

·
Realtor
500 Posts
I did research on this a year ago or maybe longer. The part from Hyundai is an exact replacement and much cheaper. I've been running it ever since and not a hiccup or a hint of problems. It cut the cost almost in half.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Would this MAF also work on later year 525I or 530I?

oops - sorry too early in the morning for me. yes this works!

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
Yes, same engine (M54) same MAF.

·
Not Here Anymore
5,203 Posts
Hmm you make a very good point there man. There is just so much chinese made crap out there and many other festers are posting problems with the knock-offs and ebay cheapies. I'd just like to get a quality new MAF for a decent price. Hopefully this Hyundai part turns out to be the real thing.
Just to throw in my $.02.

I bought a cheap, non-Bosch MAF for my 2000 X5 when the SEL illuminated. The new MAF solved the problem with the SEL illuminating and the vehicle seemed to drive fine for a couple of months. Then I began to have intermittent hesitation problems. To the point where I would not pull out in front of any oncoming vehicles for fear of stalling out in front of them. I took it to my mechanic loaned me an original Bosch MAF for a couple of weeks. The hesitation was gone and the vehicle ran great until I traded it in.

Was my problem due to an inferior knock off or maybe just another bad MAF? I can't say for certain. What I can say is I'm going OEM all the way on these things. I ended up paying more in the end than having just bought the OEM part from the start.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.