BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headlights lens on my E46 have a little bit of water inside them both. I have opened up the headlights assembly and wiped the water dry with a towel and used a hairdryer to dry it out also which seem to work. But 24 hours later I can still see some condensation on both headlights lens at the bottom area of the headlights. Mind you the car was parked in a garage overnight after the first time I dried out the water on the lenses. I'm in Germany and I just need to pass inspection so I can register my car. My first attempt at inspection station, tech told me he couldn't check my headlights because of the water problem. Any suggestions besides getting both headlights assembly replaced. Thanks

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
If you***8217;re getting water in replace the headlight housing seals ( part #63128380210) and check for housing cracks. Condensation can also form naturally where a headlight housing does not breathe and the air inside is much warmer than the outside. It***8217;s been a particular problem for Aston Martin headlights that have poor venting and a large surface area. The solution there was to improve air exchange by drilling multiple small holes in the housing near the heat sources and sealing these with Gortex patches allowing the air to move but preventing moisture penetration.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums...light-taillight-condensation.html#post4754544

1 - 2 of 2 Posts