BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube shows conflicting information as to the location and procedures to change a cabin air filter on a 1994 318i convertible. Removed my glove box and under dash cowling on the passengers side. My vent system doesn't look like those shown on YouTube. Some online videos show the filter located on passengers side while other show it on drivers side. Before I tear anymore of my dash apart does anyone know for sure the location and procedure for changing the filter.

·
Screamin demon
883 Posts
You have to tear it apart equally whether it's on the right or the left. I couldn't get mine apart without removing the entire box.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cabin air filter

Thanks for the replies. Finally found the cabin air filter in my 1994 318i convertible. It's accessed from the passengers side after removing the under dash cowling, glove compartment, passengers side foot well heater duct and a large electrical connector. It looked like it may have been in the car since 1994.

·
Registered
12,878 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Finally found the cabin air filter in my 1994 318i convertible. It's accessed from the passengers side after removing the under dash cowling, glove compartment, passengers side foot well heater duct and a large electrical connector. It looked like it may have been in the car since 1994.
Yep! All the work you had to do to get to it is why they rarely get changed. :(

Imagine what it would have cost to have had that done at the dealership!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts