BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I got a 2000 mod. BMW 520 with an automatic clima contol. The fan is constantly blowing at high speed, even if I try to adjust it manually on the control panel. Have anybody experienced similiar problems? Is it possible to fix it myself? Would appreciate any helpful hints.
Oystein
Norway

·
Registered
806 Posts
boeing said:
:mad: I got a 2000 mod. BMW 520 with an automatic clima contol. The fan is constantly blowing at high speed, even if I try to adjust it manually on the control panel. Have anybody experienced similiar problems? Is it possible to fix it myself? Would appreciate any helpful hints.
Oystein
Norway
This would be related to the FSR. Final Stage Resistor.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100847&highlight=fSR

It's about a 110.00 part and can be a FIY.

Maybe..... not though.... check it out searching the Forum for similarities to your issue.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
closer2pin is right, this is the final stage resistor (also called a resistor pack). Hundreds have had the problem (mine occurred twice under warranty) and virtually all (if not all) of them were addressed with this fix.

Is it possible it is something else? Yes. However, I would skip any other diagnostics, replace the final stage resistor, and re-evaluate at that point.

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot for all the assistance. You were quite right. The problem is now fixed. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts