BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A/C Discharge hoses

609 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  E60noob$$$
Hey Guys
I'm doing repairs on the BMW I bought recently and it needed alot of work..
Almost done but now I'm on the ac and I need to replace the AC condenser.
The two hoses that was connected to it was broken off and now I'm having a hard time replacing the long one.
The closest one was easy enough to do.
How do I disconnect it from the back?
Any help guys thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
You might start by letting us know what car you have.
Well I would assume if it's in the e60/e61 thread
I wouldn't need to.
But its a 2007 BMW 525XI
You might start by letting us know what car you have.
Realoem.com has all the parts diagrams and part numbers. Don't pay too much attention to the prices.

Once you find a part number, you can also Google it and use Ecstuning.com or FCPEuro.com or any number of other sites to look at the actual pictures of the parts. Often times that is enough to clue you in to how to proceed.
Thanks - that helps. If you're new to the whole E60/61 thing, you wouldn't necessarily know how many configurations these things come in... but here's a quick overview...

Petrol:
2.0 L N46 I4
2.2–3.0 L M54/N52/N53 I6
3.0 L N54 I6 turbo
4.0–4.8 L N62 V8
5.0 L S85 V10
Diesel- turbocharged:
2.0 L M47/N47 I4
2.5–3.0 L M57 I6

Not all are available in all markets, and certainly the E61 options are a lot skinnier in the US market. But because of BMW's penchant to re-engineer everything all the time, it's always good practice to include info about the model / sub-model when asking techie questions (or include it in your profile so it's always there anyway).
Well I would assume if it's in the e60/e61 thread
I wouldn't need to.
But its a 2007 BMW 525XI
Politeness :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks - that helps. If you're new to the whole E60/61 thing, you wouldn't necessarily know how many configurations these things come in... but here's a quick overview...

Petrol:
2.0 L N46 I4
2.2–3.0 L M54/N52/N53 I6
3.0 L N54 I6 turbo
4.0–4.8 L N62 V8
5.0 L S85 V10
Diesel- turbocharged:
2.0 L M47/N47 I4
2.5–3.0 L M57 I6

Not all are available in all markets, and certainly the E61 options are a lot skinnier in the US market. But because of BMW's penchant to re-engineer everything all the time, it's always good practice to include info about the model / sub-model when asking techie questions (or include it in your profile so it's always there anyway).
Reactions: habbyguy
Thanks for the information.
Looking through it now.
Realoem.com has all the parts diagrams and part numbers. Don't pay too much attention to the prices.

Once you find a part number, you can also Google it and use Ecstuning.com or FCPEuro.com or any number of other sites to look at the actual pictures of the parts. Often times that is enough to clue you in to how to proceed.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.