BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 325i
so all my fuses are good and, i have pressure. And i can see the clutch engage when the snowflake is pushed. but i cant see or hear the power draw when the a/c is turned on. Any help on this would be awesome. I'm in hawaii with black leather seats:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Check the AC inflow air filter (not sure what's the techie name) but this one is just off near the lower end of your windshield. Mine was clogged and didn't allow the air to cool.. Mechanic happened to change it seeing clogged/dirty while putting in Freon, and so far since last week AC works fine. Your next bet would be FSR. This is what I've learned from the guru's here :)

·
Coyote Racing Team
628 Posts
2002 325i
so all my fuses are good and, i have pressure. And i can see the clutch engage when the snowflake is pushed. but i cant see or hear the power draw when the a/c is turned on. Any help on this would be awesome. I'm in hawaii with black leather seats:thumbdwn:
Could just need a recharge. If that is the case, have them add dye when they refill the system to see if there are any leaks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are you having any odd dash indicator problems -- like door open indicator, incorrect temp display, etc? I had a similar A/C no worky problem, everything in A/C system checked out. It turned out to be the instrument cluster wire connection(s) were loose. I removed the instrument cluster, disconnected/reconnected the two wire bundle connections and everything started working fine. There is a good DIY on removing the instrument cluster, very easy.

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,696 Posts
how do i check the low and high pressures is it a tool i rent.
The high side port on your AC is for a trained technician ONLY, leave it alone!!!

Most recharge kits will come with a low-side gauge on the refrigerant can. You will monitor pressure on the low side, remembering that ambient temperature can shift your pressure in the system. You can search on here for the DIY recharge, there are even videos.

Here's a little tidbit I found when recharging my system.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.