BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was going to the movies the other night, when I started my car and everything was normal, later I turned on my A/C and it was not blowing air from the vents at ALL! Even though the A/C display screen was normal (displaying the temperature and the fan speed). I turned the car off and started it again and still the stupid A/C was not blowing air at all I checked all the setting and they were normal. Later I clicked on Auto still nothing. After 10min I tried it again and it was working fine and blowing cold air from the vents. Any idea why this happened? knowing that it happened to me once about 2 months ago.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Im going to guess someones going to say "final stage resistor" is bad. But honestly I dont know myself.

Mine did something similar to that once and hasnt ever done it again. I pressed auto and it stopped blowing air. I could press all the other buttons and it wouldnt go back to working. After a few minutes it started back working normal and hasnt done it since.

·
(o0\(III)(III)/0o)
516 Posts
Mine does the same thing, the way I temp fixed it is to turn the AC off before I park it and let it idle for about 15 seconds with it off. Then the next time I turn the car on, I let it idle for about 15 or 20 seconds and switch it on and it works fine. Some other threads that are similar to this say there is a pressure switch malfunction, makes sense to me but I don't feel like cracking open the AC system when I can get it to work the hard way every time...I guess I will live with this method...it has character? I'll change the switch one day when I locate it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts