BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, I'm having an issue with my a/c. It blows cold air fine. The issue is when selecting the middle vent it blows a mixture of hot and cold air. In order to have it blow cold air completely throught the middle vent I have to select either the top or floor vents which is fine with me, but when doing so I feel hot air blowing from those vents. I had the a/c serviced last year, and it worked perfectly. Can it be that I am running short on Freon? Has anyone come across this problem? Any advise would be greatly appreciated

·
Supporter of Bimmer Lore
5,192 Posts
If the driver's side blows cold and the passenger side blows warm, the system is probably low on Freon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i had a similar issue when the FSR went out and the fan would say it was on but would not come on so i replaced the final stage resistor and guess what it did what your explaning so i just took the whole A/C system out to expensive to get it fixed and i dont really use it either way so for me it was a win win situation for me other then that i dont know why it did this i called BMW of idaho falls and they did know what was wrong

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it blows cold air.. the problem is to have the cool air in the middle vent without having to choose the upper or lower vent. When I do so the middle vent blows cold air but the Upper and Floor Vents throw out hair.

Here is a break down..

upper vent: off
middle vent: on--mix of hot/cold air
floor vent: off

upper vent: on--- gives off hot air
Middle Vent: on---cold air
floor vent: off

upper vent: off
Middle Vent: on---cold air
floor vent: on-- gives off hot air

So in other words, in order to have the a/c work to it's potential I will have to select either the upper or floor vent but on the contrary I will have cold air but feel the hot air, going off the front window.. or through my legs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts