BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Underway on Nuclear Power
1,132 Posts
I would be willing to be your car is in 'transport mode'. Several threads on this topic and symptoms..

· Underway on Nuclear Power
1,132 Posts
No, jumping the car does not. Prolonged low battery voltage can cause the car to switch to 'transport mode' and it requires either the dealer or an independent shop with the appropriate software to clear.

As I said, there are several threads on this forum and on other forums that talk about this. When the car was initially delivered to the original owner, the dealer was supposed to completely disable 'transport mode' but they did not do it correctly so it can turn it back on in a prolonged low voltage situation.

· Registered
64 Posts
Transport mode is completely stupid! They do it to save the battery for those who think that it is no big deal to pay a "stealer" 450 dollars to replace a battery, plus 75 dollars diagnostics! Unbelievable. Mine is in transport mode right now...2008 z4.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.