BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some insider teaser...

ALPINA might re-enter the US market and to introduce a more powerful B3. Nothing conclusive or official yet. But I am holding on to my pants. :eeps:

Finally my screams have been heard!;)

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
DaveN323i said:
Coincidence? Alex disappears, and predicted reappearance eta is around time he gets his new S3. Then, he says he is coming to California.

Hum, I smell something Alpina funny.
:lmao:

Could be on to something:dunno:

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
DaveN323i said:
Coincidence? Alex disappears, and predicted reappearance eta is around time he gets his new S3. Then, he says he is coming to California.

Hum, I smell something Alpina funny.
Okay, I got it figgered out:

Alex is really Sabrina, who is really a transexual Alpina market"person" whos coming to the US for marketing Alpina AND a full blown sex change. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Cool. They're likely to be at least as far out of my price range as the current M models, but I gues I can dream.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Funny thing is I have some quirky plans of setting up an ALPINA dealership in SE Asia. ;) Nothing concrete but just thoughts and dreams...

Just change you plan to doing it in So Cal:thumbup:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
My guess is that ALPINA isn't selling the models through all the BMW dealers here. Probably choosing the selected few like how the MINI is currently being distributed.

;)

As long as one is in PA:)

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
I don't understand how Alpina has a market... why would I want a B3 when I can get a M3?

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
CD-55 said:
I don't understand how Alpina has a market... why would I want a B3 when I can get a M3?
Ya, with us picky Americans they would need to undercut the price of the next higher BMW model. A few purists would buy them but not enough to make it profitable. Tough marketing model especially since they are not recognized in the US except by a few informed BMW owners.

If they can bring it off though maybe ACS and Hartge will follow.

·
10,856 Posts
CD-55 said:
B3 3.3 Allrad Touring :thumbup: If they're the only ones here with an M3 equivalent sedan/touring, they'll get a LOT of sales. Especially since the B3s are a lot nicer than the M3. :)

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

B3 3.3 Allrad Touring :thumbup: If they're the only ones here with an M3 equivalent sedan/touring, they'll get a LOT of sales. Especially since the B3s are a lot nicer than the M3. :)
Now that's a possibility, if they shoot for models that BMW doesn't compete with.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:

Now that's a possibility, if they shoot for models that BMW doesn't compete with.
That would be the wise move:dunno: :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Alpina would have a huge number of sales if they can offer M3 type performance in a car with a slushie for all the wheel-holding, burger chomping, soda slurping, cell phone yakking morons in the US :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts