BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 95 325i convertible (low miles, 95k). Love it. Two problems right now that could use some attention soon:

1- When I pull forward on the windshield wiper lever, it doesn't shoot fluid (and yes, I have checked and it is full).

2- My cluster lights are burnt out!

So, cost and difficulty of the jobs? I would assume low cost and fairly easy but I am new to European cars and they do things differently and I am not as keen on trial and error on a Euro luxury car as I am with the domestic basic car counterpart.

· Somebody stop me....
3,719 Posts
He got the basic starting points, and not to defer the topic, but I don't get why people use that wiper fluid. All it does is slowly destroy the wiper blades. If my window is bad I either clean it at home or stop by whatever gas station is on the way home.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K, I'll check that but if it is a fuse, wouldn't there be other things that would be out too? Usually those fuses go to multiple things. I haven't paid attention for the motor but I can listen for it next time.

And Trav, for as little as wipers cost, when you are driving and something gets on your windshield, its so much easier to just clean it off immediately than to pull over. Plus I don't think most people have heard that its bad for them.

· The Canadian Prick.
13,061 Posts
He's never driven through slush either. You don't always have a choice in the matter Trav.

· Cruising 280 Top Down
6,494 Posts
One time I had so much grime and crap on the windshield, it was getting dangerous to drive. I pulled over and grabbed a big piece of iced up snow and used it like a sponge. The ice was just rough enough to take off all the crap and I don't think I'd had a cleaner windshield up to that point before!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.