BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me first apologize to Sunny & the rest for still not figuring out the Bucket. Save the trees & don't flame me! LOL! ...anyway, I was cleaning out my iPhone earlier & found these pics from March w/ I was deciding on w/ wheel to put on the car. There were several HRE's that I liked but, too $$$$ & I really wanted a factory look. I walked in w/ intentions of getting the 128's because it's a clean look & I can park the car pretty much anywhere & not worry about someone w/ to steal my wheels & put 'em on a Impala. Not to say there's anything wrong w/ non factory wheels & most people never have that problem! I just wanted a clean look that didn't draw too much attention, ya know? Well, while I was @ the wheel shop, the salesman offers 1 alternative to the 128 which I let him put on the car just to see how it faired against the 128. I forget the name of the wheel but, I'm sure San may know, but it's a 22". IMO I liked it. It was not a flashy as some other 22's I looked @ but I really thought it looked very nice -especially lf I lowered it!. I went w/ the 128's, but sometimes I think of how nicely the other wheel looked w/ the lip.
BTW the last pics of the black 7 was an Asanti I've never seen before. & the S550 looks like A$$ w/ those wheels!!!

Attachments

·
Porsche Ex-Pat
660 Posts
i like your 128's better. Those 22's look a little Cragar-esque to me.

I saw that Asanti at a local place when I was dropping mine off for repair. They have some really cool new styles.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cragar-esque! Great word! LOL! I can see where your coming from though. I think it really has a lot to do w/ the romance of the lip. I truly believe the 7 is one of the sexist cars on the planet w/ a et of deep dish wheels on it! Actually most BMW''s look great w/ them as well! I really wanted a set of HRE's but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I don't regret getting the 128's @ all. I love them on my ride. But the stance of the 7 w/ a 4-6" lip is unbeatable IMO. That's why I love chevere's so much!:thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
^^^the s550 was crap before the rims but wow, those rims look like grandma glued on some doileys
of course u were gonna say that! :mad::tsk::dunno::mad::rolleyes::mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts