BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed an in-between 15000 miles oil change, so I called around dealers and indy shops for their oil change specials. The lowest I could find was about $130 amonst indy shops. $160-$300 amongst dealers, goodness.

I somehow stumbled upon bimmershops.com website, and found a local indy shop near my town, called Valencia European. I called the owner and asked for price; $70, tax included! Oh wow!

I just had my car engine oil changed, filter included of course, and power steering wheel oil topped off (it was low for some reason).

Bjorn, the owner, uses Liqui Moly fully synthetic 5w-30 for new BMWs. I understand it's not the BMW oil, but I heard many good news about it, and Bjorn assured me this is a very good oil used by 911s. Overall, I am very happy with the result, and the service he provided me with.

I plan to change diff and gear fluid, along with steering wheel fluid, and he quoted me a very good price. When mine hits 60k miles, that is the next thing to tackle.

If you live in the Valley or Santa Clarita Valley area, I strongly recommend Valencia European. He even has the alignment equipment for BMWs and Porsche, and the price for alignment is very very cheap compared to other shops I have been to.

Now I know I have a place to visit when my car is in need. Thank God. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine's at 51k miles, and I will need to replace my tires fairly soon. I am hoping to get new tires at 60k miles, and have them aligned by Bjorn.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I just got my 330i aligned by Bjorn Smeds at Valencia European. He did an EXCELLENT job and hand-torqued the RTAB carrier bolts with a torque wrench. 99.99999% of other shops do this with air-tools and is an ABSOLUTE NO NO. I am VERY HAPPY with the attention to detail Valencia European did my alignment with! DEFINITELY TWO THUMBS UP!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got my RF tires replaced with NRF continental extreme contact DWS, and had wheel alignment done by Bjorn of Valencia European.
Just like what Synergy52 said, Bjorn did an excellent job with the alignment. He spent well over 50 minutes tweaking and torquing the wheels based on computer analysis, and with the final road test, it was all done. And it was only $45!! You can't beat that! I wholeheartedly recommend Bjorn and Valencia European to any car owners, not just BMW owners.

·
California Über Alles
871 Posts
http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/e_1136.html

The owner showed me the list. I am hoping I can get a copy of it for future reference.
the oil he put in my car was Longtime High Tech 5 W-30, BMW LL-04.
The oil you've linked to, Longtime High Tech 5 W-30, indicates a BMW LL-04 rating, which is BMW approved for U.S. market diesel engines. BMW LL-01 rating is for U.S. market gasoline engines. There is some spirited debate as to whether a BMW LL-04 rated oil is appropriate for a U.S. market gasoline powered BMW.

Just one such debate in a bob the oil guy forum.

EDIT:
OK, this is a little bit more specific. It is from a Motul website, but seems to also contain info from some chart off a BMW website. It clearly "Longlife-04 oils must not be used in BMW spark-ignition engines in
countries outside Europe (EU plus Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein)." FWIW the info can be as much as six years old and may not be the most current available on the subject.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had just put new RFTs on my 330i and wanted to make sure it was all lined up for her future owner. I called an hour ahead today after seeing this thread. Same experience as everyone else pretty much - Bjorn seems like a nice guy, took me at a moment's notice and at a great price. I was also glad to not hear the sound of air tools. If you don't want to drop a few hundred taking it to West End, this is the best bargain around.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel like I have done some good for people here, pat, pat, pat on my back :)

now, it's my turn to go back and get my old fluids cleaned up (differential, steering and gearbox)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally got my diff, gear box, and power steering fluid replaced.

The car feels smoother, especially the gear shift. Of course, it may all be within my head, but I know it was a worth the money. Overall, about $190 for labor and parts.

much thanks to Bjorn at Valencia European!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.