BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Maybe he isin the hard time and need some money for living? i don't know. I just don't understand why can't he go to another state to do some environment friendly thing.

·
Overly Intellectual
6,573 Posts
I don't think the charges will stick, since he didn't actually return the cans and bottles. Unless there's a law against "intent to return"...
But dang, that's a whole lot of stupid in that story. Michigan shouldn't pay double the refund, and shouldn't have a law that you can't bring in bottles and cans from elsewhere. And that guy could have done something a lot more productive with his time.

·
There is no spoon
1,964 Posts
Lawyers, smh. His lawyer said he was, "Attempting to attempt to..." Are you kidding me?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently it's the distributors that pick up the cans/bottles. And when they end up picking up more than they deliver, at a particular store, it's a financial loss to them since they have to pay the store for what they pick up. Of course there are margins for unforeseen cans, such as when people return their cans to a different store, or not return them at all, but people bringing stuff from out of state becomes excess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts