Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys,
I recently purchased the PC 7424xp and the full Zaino car kit. I have some spider webbing on my car that I want to get rid of. I washed my car with dawn, clay bar, washed again and then used the Z5 with an orange pad at the highest PC setting. I have read that with Zaino a little goes a long way, now I am wondering if the pad is absorbing to much of it. I used 1oz of Zaino with the ZFX mixed in it. I have applied multiple coats. I am not seeing any results. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. I wanted to get her all shined up for the weekend while we have semi decent weather here. Thanks for your help.
Quinn

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Not sure that you can get the results you want from just using sealants. They advertise that they eliminate swirls but I never found one that did as good a job as a detailer.

True "paint correction" involves using varying types of cutting pads along with the correct buffing product to cut the clearcoat, the swirls are in that layer. I was going to do my car when I bought it but after reading the procedure and how much is involved I hired a professional detailer. Once I had the paint corrected and the swirls removed I have maintained it myself from there.

For example:

http://truthindetailing.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=6133

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
Sounds like we are on the same page, I am going to do the same thing. Find a pro and then maintain. Thanks for your help.
Q

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Good call, you should be pleased. I chose a local detailer by perusing the forum boards that these guys frequent to share information amongst themselves. Basically I looked for a provider who had a history with nicer cars along with some case studies that showed their skills. I chose 3 and called them, one stood out in my phone conversation and sounded honest. Couldn't have been happier, I recommended him to 4 other folks who also recommended him to 3 more. He spent probably a solid 6 hours on getting the swirls out of my car. wash/clay bar/wash/buff/buff some more/wash/apply sealant.

You might want to search for Utah providers and see what you get:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=utah+site:www.autopiaforums.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a34f7f1872f21971&biw=1760&bih=853

Good luck, I used Zaino for many years and always loved the results.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Zaino Z5 has no cut so won't remove any swirl mark. You need something pretty aggressive on the 6er's paint as it's very hard. I'd go for something like Menzerna p3.02 on a cutting pad and then refine with a finishing polish (e.g. Menzerna PO85RE/RD) on a finishing pad.
They key thing with a 6er and a dual action machine such as the PC is to take your time and work in small areas. You don't need to spend hundreds with a pro to get good results yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts